Gerard's Mustard Tart, French Fridays with Dorie

Friday 8 October 2010



Break out the black berets and strings of garlic. It's French Fridays with Dorie day today. That fun cooking club created around the release of Dorie Greenspan's newest book, entitled Around My French Table. Each Friday we in unison cook the same recipe from the book!



I love this book! What Dorie did for baking with her Baking, From My Home to Yours (which was a phenomenal book by the way) Dorie has now done for French cooking. It's a beautiful book, just filled to overflowing with user friendly recipes!



This is The English Kitchen I know, but I hope that you will forgive me if on Fridays I break out of the mold a bit and cook a little French.

C'est si bon!



This week's recipe was Gerard's Mustard Tart, chosen by Dorie herself for us to cook. What a fabulous tart this is! Eazy Peazy! A crisp delectable pastry filled with vegs and a lovely mustard cream. In the book, Dorie has done hers with carrots and leek, which I am sure are fabulous! But as you know I can't leave well enough alone and the tomatoes are bursting with ripeness in my garden, needing to be used up.



So I did mine with ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges and I also did individual tartlettes instead of one big one. They were very cute. They were very scrummy. That mustard cream filling is to die for. I think it would go with just about any vegetable. Easy. Delicious. Right up my alley. I can't give you the recipe though . . . You'll just have to buy the book! Come on, you know you want to!


7 comments

  1. This looks sensational Marie! I had a beautiful little leek & gruyere tart in a cute little vegetarian cafe last week. I really want to replicate the recipe, wish me luck.
    Millie ^_^
    P.S. I hope you are back fitting fight soon, rest & recuperate my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Çok leziz, çok güzel ve iştah açıcı görünüyor. Ellerinize, emeğinize sağlık.

    Saygılarımla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got the book Marie, and that mustard cream does sound divine- I love the little individual tarts- they always look so pretty being served
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures and your site is great.I love your use of shadows. Hopefully one day I will become a better photographer. .I bet the tart was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. your pictures are GREAT. adorable tarts too!
    Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tomato version, I went the leek and carrot route: also very tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!