Recipes that are delicious and that always work!

You know these recipes are delicious because if I didn't think that they were fabulous . . . I wouldn't be showing them to you. You can also be sure that these recipes work for the same reason! The rest is simply a matter of taste.
"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon, the two most beautiful words in the English language"
~Henry James

Monday, 28 February 2011

Baked & Delicious



A few weeks ago Nigel from Neoco contacted me and asked me if I would like to try out a new Baking Magazine that would be coming out soon, called Baked & Delicious. I jumped at the chance. I love baking. I love magazines. I love free. I couldn't lose.

Today it popped through my post box and I was quite impressed. This is one of those collectors things they come up with each year that you can subscribe to and pick up at your local newsagents. They usually run in a series. There's been Fairy Collection ones, Catherine Cookson novels, Dinky Cars, etc. all highly collectable, fairly priced and easy to subscribe to. I, myself, have done the fairies, Catherine Cookson and *blush *blush* the whole series of paper crafts.



This one is a Baking one, and I must say that I am quite impressed with what I've seen thus far. Delivered to your door fortnightly, your subscription brings you 24 pages of culinary inspiration and a new piece of beautiful bakeware each time. Issue number one comes with half a dozen silicone cupcake cases and issue two promises silicone spatula and pastry brushes, in issue three a silicone loaf mould.



Each issue provides you with an assortment of recipes, from Classic to Celebration Cakes . . . Breads and Savouries . . . Biscuits and Bakes . . . Patisserie & Fancy Cakes . . . Desserts and a whole section highlighting Better Baking skills such as ingredients, techniques and equipment, giving you the lowdown on buying the best equipment and ingredients for each task and producing the best results. I must say it is quite impressive.



Also included is a heavy duty file binder which will hold up to 15 issues and if you take out a subscription you are guaranteed delivery to the door as well as some lovely free gifts, including the binder, three cake storage tins, an elegant stainless steal cake slice and a set of electronic scales.



I don't know about you, but I am sold already! For more information on prices, and how to subscribe please click HERE. Now, I am off to try out those lovely Macarons from this first issue . . . or maybe it will be the Mediterranean Tartlets.

Choices, choices!! Maybe I will make them both! (But first . . . I think I'll sign up for a subscription! shhh . . . don't tell Todd!!)

8 comments:

Farmchick said...

This does look impressive and the free gifts sound quite generous!

La Table De Nana said...

Fun fun fun..made your banana cupcakes yesterday:)J loved them.

Tina said...

I'm a fellow Canadian, my husband is from England and I enjoy making some of his favorites (Cornish Pasties, Scotch Eggs, etc)- and I've also been enjoying your blog and recipes! I am passing on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. Please visit my blog to find out what this means. www.theserenestamper.blogspot.com

Medifast Coupons said...

Thanks for the link, look forward to getting mine in the mail.

Jan said...

Oooh the Mediterranean tartlets look delish!

Chele said...

I've seen a couple of reviews for this magazine now ... wish they had asked me too lol.

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Marina said...

Hi Marie,
I am so happy to have stumbled upon your lovely blog! I love visiting my family in London and Sussexx. I was amazed by how wonderful the food was. Amazing restaurants in London (Le Boudin Blanc, Nobu, the little cafes, ahhhh. AND I loved the small butcher shops, bakeries, and pubs in the country.) I will be adding you to my blogroll on Yummy Mummy.
Thanks!
Marina
www.YummyMummyKitchen.com