Cranberry, Ginger and Pistachio Shortbread Biscuits

Sunday 23 December 2012

 

These are the shortbread biscuits I should have made the other day, instead of trying that other recipe out which failed abysmally.   This is my "go-to" recipe for shortbread biscuits.  It never fails me, ever . . .

 

Normally I make them with only candied ginger and I drizzle them with melted dark chocolate, but today I fancied something a little bit different . . . something festive!

 

With the green and red colours of Christmas and a tiny snap of Ginger . . . dried Cranberries, Pistachio Nuts and the ginger worked so very well together . . . and I thought were quite pretty.

 

The white chocolate drizzle was a very pretty touch.  Altogether these were . . .

QUITE QUITE FABULOUS!!

 

Truly.  I would not lie. These are very Merry Christmas Biscuits!  Short and crumbly . . . rich and buttery . . . with tantalizing flecks of tasty red, green and spicy gold througout.  I used my Pampered Chef chopper to chop everything nicely.  I just spritzed the blade with some non stick cooking spray first.  Worked like a charm.

 

It all worked like a charm. The colours, the flavours, the textures.  All good.  I love it when that happens.

 


 *Cranberry, Ginger and Pistachio Shortbread Biscuits*
Makes about 5 dozen
Printable Recipe

A delicious variation on an old holiday favourite!

225g unsalted butter, softened (1 cup)
65g sifted icing sugar (1/2 cup)
2 TBS finely chopped dried cranberries
2 TBS finely chopped candied ginger
2 TBS finely chopped pistachio nuts
1/4 tsp salt
200g plain flour (2 cups)

90g white chocolate chips melted (1/2 cup)

 

Preheat the oven to 300*C/150*F/ gas mark 2.  Line a couple of baking sheets with baking paper.  Set aside.

Cream the butter ad sugar together in a bowl util light and fluffy.  Stir in the salt, berries, ginger and nuts.  Gradually stir in the flour until well combined.  Roll out between two sheets of greaseproof paper, to 1/4 inch thickness.  Cut into desired shapes using a sharp metal cookie cutter.  Place onto the lined baking sheets, leaving some space inbetween cookies.  Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until light golden.  Scoop off and cool on a wire rack.  Repeat until all the dough is used, re-rolling scraps as necessary.

Once all the biscuits have been baked and cooled, melt the chocolate chips according to the package directions.  Drizzle decoratively over top of the shortbread biscuits.  Allow to set before storing in an airtight container.

4 comments

  1. I love these Marie, Have a happy and lovely Christmas!! love, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great..I made some..not w/ my usual shortbread..and next time will be w/:)

    I love the red and green and white drizzle also..

    Happy Sunday Marie..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! These shortbread biscuits look delicious and how festive with the cranberries, ginger and pistachio :) With Christmas fast approaching, I was actually looking for a new shortbread recipe and I think I have just found it!

    What a lovely blog you have here! As fellow foodies we can't wait to read more :) New folower here!

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas :)

    Chloe & Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!