Low Fat Cheesecake Brownies

Sunday 9 December 2012



This recipe is a little bit of a cheat as it uses a boxed brownie mix, but I think most of you will forgive me for that! Now you CAN have your brownies and EAT them too!

 

If you are really adverse to using mixes . . . I have a from scratch recipe for a light brownie which you can see here.  I am thinking it would work just as well as the  mix. But I am adding no guarantees here as I haven't done this myself.   Not yet, anyways.  When I do, I'll report back!



I am always looking for lighter options.  I know that it may not seem like that from looking at a lot of the recipes that I post on here, but it's true. If I can figure out a lighter way of doing something . . .



AND actually have the adaptation taste as good or better than the original recipe . . . then I am all for that!

 

It's not always possible, but these tasty brownies do just that.  Seriously!!



Less fat, just as much taste as the original.  I did not ice mine.  I simply dusted them with a bit of icing sugar to serve.  It dresses them up quite nicely . . .
I'll guarantee nobody will even guess that these are low fat.

 

They're really easy to make too . . . the only difficult part will be eating just one.



I betcha can't!  And if you can???  Well . . . then,  you're a much stronger woman than I am!

 

*Low Fat Cheesecake Brownies*
Makes one 8 inch square pan
Printable Recipe

Deliciously low fat alternative to the real thing.  Rich and fudgy too.  You'll never miss the fat.

1 package of brownie mix
2 heaped dessertspoons of smooth applesauce (about 1/4 cup)
2 large free range egg whites, divided
2 TBS water
125g of light cream cheese, softened (1/2 cup)
95g of granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
2 TBS plain flour

Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4.  Spray an 8 inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray, and line with baking paper, leaving an overhang for lifting.  Spray the paper.  Set aside.

Whisk together the brownie mix, one of the egg whites, the apple sauce and water until smooth.  Pour into the prepared pan.  Stir together the cream cheese, remaining egg white, sugar and flour until well blended.  Pour this over top of the brownie batter.  Cut through the batter with a knife several times to create a marbled effect.

Bake for 28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with fudgy crumbs attached.  Don't overbake.  Cool completely in the pan on top of a wire rack before removing and cutting into squares.

2 comments

  1. Wonderful :) I'm from Poland and we love cheesecakes mixed with chocolate cake like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if we could just get rid of the sugar! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!