Eat With Intention, recipes and meditation for a life that lights you up

Saturday 10 December 2016


I wanted to tell you about this fabulous book I recently received.  As a food blogger I am often sent cookbooks for review.  I love cookery books and I love getting them.  I was recently sent this book entitled Eat with Intention, Recipes and Meditations for a Life That Lights You Up, by Cassandra Bodzak, creator of Eat with Intention TV.


I will tell you up front that this is not your traditional cookbook. You will not have to do a cleanse, eat kale every day, or eliminate an entire food group. Instead, you will learn the step-by-step process for eating with intention and put a stop to the never ending cycle of fad diets, constant exhaustion, and general unhappiness with your body and yourself.   I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty refreshing to me!




Meditation and wellness teacher Cassandra Bodzak struggled for years with unhealthy dieting, stomach pains, and food allergies. It was only when she began to listen to her body and eat with intention that she transformed her life. In this book, she shares her wisdom to help you discover:

*how to uncover the foods that are hurting you
*how to nourish your body from a place of self-love
*how to incorporate a daily gratitude or meditation practice into your life
*how to prepare nearly 75 plant-based recipes, each accompanied by a mantra and meditation for eating with purpose and fueling your body



 Eat with Intention is the book I've been waiting for. I love how Ms Bodzak pairs her healthy recipes with meditations, affirmations and exercises that truly help you to feel connected to the food you put into your body, and help to break the habitual struggle with food choices and dieting.  It is so much more than just pretty, healthy recipes. The paired meditations are a great way to connect with yourself through the foods you eat. I just love this concept.


This is a wonderful book, both beautiful, thoughtful and containing great recipes that are delicious, nourishing and actually feasible.  Pair that with beautiful photography and you have a really winning combination.  

Complete with nearly 100 recipes, meditations for each recipe, self-care tips, and easy guidelines for people who want to end the cycle of destructive eating, Eat with Intentionshows you the way to cleanse your body with love and to put potent, nutrient-rich food into your diet as an act of self-care. "Get thin fast" schemes never come from a place of love and are actually destructive to the relationship we have with our body because they stem from a desperation to change it.


 Reading this book is  really has helping me to rethink how and what I eat!  It is not only filled with
recipes that make my mouth water, but so much more than that.  I can't tell you how many times I've bought a book that was lacking content, and nothing but delicious photos interspersed with recipes that are either too complicated and tiresome to execute or that use ingredients that are way off the scale in ingredients and time concerns.  This book is FILLED with quick meditations and healthy recipes that I think I will actually make. It bridges the gap between the mind and body connection as it presents emotional and physical health as equals.

 

Eating with intention is your solution to long-term health and wellness, a vastly different and effective approach from fad cleanses that frequently lead to a rollercoaster of weights and a never-ending cycle of diets. Each recipe has been carefully crafted with healthy ingredients designed to fuel you and provide you with energy and a depth of flavor that even the finest chefs can appreciate. From smoothies and soups to entrees and snacks, Eat with Intention is the answer for every person who is ready to make a lifetime change to their minds and bodies.

 I am finding the author's fresh take on food and well being very refreshing. It's more than a cook book, it's an experience. With the recipes, meditations, and affirmations, I feel like I'm truly receiving a holistic approach to my self care.  I am really looking forward to getting stuck into it in the New Year and putting some of this stuff into practice. 


 
Cassandra Bodzak is a certified holistic health coach through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. After years of disordered eating, food allergies, and painful illnesses, she made peace with her body and took control of her diet. At the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, she studied over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods. She took her new knowledge and set out to help others improve their relationship with their bodies and the diets they consume.



  • Hardcover: 192 pages
  • Publisher: Race Point Publishing (15 Nov. 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1631062360
  • ISBN-13: 978-1631062360
Race Point Publishing is part of the Quarto Publishing Group.

Note - Although I was sent a copy of the book free of charge for review, I was not required to write a positive review.  Any and all opinions are my own entirely.  If you are wanting to make a change to what you are eating and the way you are eating it, this is the book for you.

6 comments

  1. This souds like my kind of book. I'm going to research it right now. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look beautiful..ahh ..these girls are so talented and so YOUNG..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Monique! I was not so clever or motivated when I was that age! Far too busy raising a family I think! xoxo

      Delete
  3. i like the sounds of this book as well...dig into it sis, and then share your findings with us. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!