Triple Chocolate Cookie Tart

Saturday 10 December 2016

 photo SAM_8699_zpsa1affb5f.jpg

If you are looking for a simple dessert this weekend look no further.  This Triple Chocolate Cookie Tart is not only delicious, but very simple and quick to make.    I would actually call it fabulous and a ten out of ten on the win/win/win scale!!!
  photo SAM_8700_zps1836f4b3.jpg

This is one your family will absolutely adore and one that you will adore also.  Not only for the deliciousness of it, but for the ease of baking and clean up as well.   Lazy me.  I like lazy cooking and easy clean up.  Suits me to a "T".  I had enough of that faffing about when I worked at the Manor.  Now, in my retirement, I like ease.

 photo SAM_8703_zps4eaab02e.jpg

This tart is like a HUGE chocolate chip cookie.  It's crisp on the outside . . .  but fudgy in the centre  . . .  and stogged to the hilt with not one . . .  not two  . . .  but THREE kinds of chocolate!

  photo SAM_8705_zps30dda416.jpg

You could use chocolate chips, but I like to use real bars of chocolate and cut it into chunks.   I used dark,  milk and white.  G O R G E O U S

 photo SAM_8706_zps86eaa4fc.jpg

I cut myself a tiny sliver  . . .  and then a few minutes later I was cutting myself another sliver.   I quickly had to hand it off to someone else to keep safe because I was sorely tempted to eat the whole thing!  Oh what a horrible thing that would be!

 photo SAM_8710_zpsbfc44ad3.jpg

This would be absolutely divine topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Just sayin . . .
(I had some two tone chocolate chips which needed finishing up, just a handful.  I chose to sprinkle them on top, but you can use a mix of dark and white, milk and white, or whatever you wish.)

 photo SAM_8707_zpsb97d7d56.jpg


*Triple Chocolate Cookie Tart*
Serves 12

You are going to want to kill me after you taste this.  It's addictively dangerous.  Moist inside, crisp outside and stogged to the hilt with three kinds of chocolate. 

232g of plain flour (1 2/3 cup)
1 tsp corn flour (cornstarch)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 TBS butter, room temperature
85g of cream cheese, room temperature (3 ounces)
50g granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
110g soft light brown sugar (1/2 cup)
1 large free range egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ounces dark chocolate chopped
2 ounces milk chocolate chopped
2 ounces white chocolate chopped

To top:
4 TBS mixed white and semi sweet chocolate chips


 photo SAM_8710_zpsbfc44ad3.jpg 

Whisk the flour, corn flour, soda and salt together in a bowl.   Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 180*C.350*F/ gas mark 4.  Butter a 9 inch round tart tin with a removable bottom well.  Set aside.

 photo SAM_8712_zpsd1f6514f.jpg

Cream together the butter and cheese until light and fluffy.   Beat in both sugars, until creamy.   Beat in the egg and vanilla.   Slowly beat in the flour, beating just until incorporated.   Stir in all the chocolate chunks.   Spread in the prepared backing dish. smoothing the top over with a damp spatula.   Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.   Allow to cool for 45 minutes before slicing into wedges to serve.  (That's the hard part!  Waiting!)  Bon Appetit!

4 comments

  1. Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xo Valerie H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To. Die. For. Valerie, there is no other words to describe. xoxo

      Delete
  2. See..that's a temptation to me..not a cake..but this..
    and I know others who would like also:)
    Like nanaimo bars..I usually make them but Costco had a huge box for $12.00 it would cost more to make such a box full..Jacques has been sneaking one every night and I steal a sliver..remember nanaimo bars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Nanaimo Bars. Loved them. I have not made them in years. Perhaps it is time I changed that! These are far too tempting Monique! So naughty! I smile about Jacques. $12 is a bargain. I would have picked up two! xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!