Small Batch Chocolate Chip Muffins

Sunday 22 January 2017





I really, really like muffins.   I really, really, REALLY like chocolate chip muffins, and not the double chocolate chip muffins, but the yellow buttery cake type of chocolate chip muffins. 









This is an EXCELLENT recipe for those.  It might look like a very basic muffin, and it is.  Simple ingredients.  



Simple to put together  . . . but that is where simple ends because this muffin is anything  but simple when it comes to taste.






Moist and buttery and stogged full of chocolate chips, this is the most delicious chocolate chip muffin you could ever want to eat.  


So delicious its dangerous, but no worries there because it only makes six muffins.







Just enough for a small family like us, just the two of us.   


You can double it if you wish, but if you are looking for a small batch recipe, that only makes a half a dozen muffins and is tremendously delicious . . . this IS the one for you!








I can't believe I am telling you this, but  . . .  true confessions here.  I baked them this morning and have eaten two already.  


These are dangerously good and now you know why I only bake six at a time.   I cannot be trusted with any more than that.  The simple truth.








*Small Batch Chocolate Chip Muffins*
Makes 6 medium muffins 
(or 12 mini muffins)



This is a really, really good chocolate chip muffin.   You can double the recipe quite successfully if you want more, but six muffins are just right for us.  They also freeze very well.  Just thaw for about 25 seconds in the microwave.  



140g plain flour (1 cup)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
85g of butter (1/3 cup)
100g sugar (1/2 cup)
1 large free range egg
1 tsp vanilla
120g sour cream or yogurt (1/2 cup)
90g semi sweet chocolate chips (1/2 cup) 











Preheat the oven to 200*C/400*F/ gas mark 6.  Line a six cup muffin tray with paper liners, or butter really well.  Set aside. 



Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the egg and vanilla.  Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.   Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream,mixing just to combine.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Divide the batter between the muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.



Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until well risen and golden brown.  (9 to 12 minutes for mini muffins)  Remove to a wire rack and cool.  Delicious served fresh and slightly warm.
 




  


If you don't run right into the kitchen today and bake these I am warning you, you will be missing out on something really, really special.   Bon appetit!

8 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Birds of a feather Monique! We are two birds of a feather! You will enjoy these. They are VERY good! xo

      Delete
  2. I am on board! These sound delightful and I know my granddaughter will be more than willing to help me bake and eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids loved them. It made 12 mini muffins. I baked it at 350 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased they were enjoyed Colleen! Thank you so much for taking the time to come back and let us know! xo

      Delete
  4. These are the best muffins. My husband and I are raving about them. My muffin tin must be smaller so I ended up with 6 overly full muffin cups but they puffed up beautifully and looked great. I had to cook them for 30 minutes though, probably because of the larger amounts in the cups. These are seriously delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you baked and enjoyed these! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!