Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts

Friday 21 July 2017

Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts







I have a really delicious recipe to show you here today that you are just going to love.  This is absolutely fabulous!  


Rich. Delicious. Simple to make, and perfect for entertaining!




Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts





This is a recipe that I had flagged in a magazine which I just love, which is called Food to Love, (oddly enough) from last October's issue. 


I can't believe that I have only just gotten around to making it now!




Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts





I  have a great love of chocolate cakes and desserts, but my husband not so much . . . 


that's probably why I don't do anything chocolatey very often, because the Lion's share of the eating will fall to me, and to be honest, I just don't need it and shouldn't be eating it!



Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts





But we are having the last set of Elders (we have three sets of Missionaries serving in our Ward area) for dinner tonight and so I thought this would be something they would enjoy and an occasion that my husband  will quite happily make a sacrifice for!



Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts





It is a fantastic dessert cake (s) composed of a rich and fudgy almost brownie type of base . . . spooned into individual tartlette tins . . .

 

Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts





The brownie batter gets topped by a lucious cream cheese filling which has been studded with fresh raspberries . . .



Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts





Which you then swirl through the brownie batter lightly with the tip of a round bladed knife  . . .







Baked until just set  . . .  and then served either at room temperature or slightly warm . . .






 With dollops of softly whipped thick cream on top and a sprinkling of additonal raspberries . . .  altogether very moreishly delicious . . .



Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts





*Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts*
Makes 6


If the title of these tarts doesn't start your tastebuds tingling, I don't know what will.  Serve warm or at room temperature with some thick cream and a sprinkling of fresh raspberries.



125g unsalted butter (1/2 cup plus 1 TBS)
60g Dutch processed cocoa powder (1/2 cup)
110g raspberry jam ((1/3 cup) not seedless
150g caster sugar (3/4 cup)
2 large free range eggs, beaten lightly
100g plain flour (2/3 cup)
1/4 tsp baking soda
125g cream cheese (4 1/2 ounces)
1 large free range egg yolk
75g fresh or frozen raspberries (1/2 cup)


To serve:
thick cream
fresh raspberries



Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts






Preheat the oven to 160*C/325*F/ gas mark 3.  Place six buttered 4-inch tart tins with loose bases onto an oven tray. (Butter them well.)  Set aside.


Melt the butter in a saucepan.  Sift in the cocoa powder and whisk together.  Bring just to the boil, then remove from heat.  Whisk in the jam and 50g (1/2 cup) of the sugar, until smooth.  Whisk in the eggs.  Sift together the flour and baking soda. Whisk in until smooth.  Set aside.


Whisk the cream cheese until softened.  Whisk in the egg yolk and remaining sugar.  Gently fold in the raspberries. 


Divide the chocolate batter between the tart tins.  Spoon the cream cheese mixture over top.  Swirl it through gently with a butter knife to give a marbeled swirly effect  Don't overmix.


Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until just set.


Serve warm or at room temperature with some thick cream spooned on top and a scattering of raspberries.




Fudgy Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts





What can I say  . . .  I couldn't serve this to the Missionaries without first having tried it myself.  I took one for the team.  Delicious.  I just know they are going to love them.  Bon Appetit!



2 comments

  1. They look fab Marie!"I took one for the team:):)"!~You crack me up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a sacrifice, lol. My word these were heavenly! The lads gobbled them up! Xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!