Curry Deviled Chicken

Wednesday 13 December 2017


This is a riff I did today on my old Deviled Chicken Recipe that I thought turned out really, really nice.  In fact you could call it finger licking good!


I like to use free range chicken pieces.  Today I used chicken leg quarters.  You slash the meat to the bone so that the marinade flavours can get right into the chicken.


Its as simple as mixing together all the marinade ingredients and tossing the chicken pieces in them and leaving them for about an hour before banging them into a pan and roasting them in a hot oven.


If you don't want a sticky clean-up, line the dish with some aluminium foil first.  Clean up will be a real breeze then, with no soaking required.


This is simple, quick, easy and delicious. Todd really loved it, even more than my regular version.  Do use  a good quality mango chutney for this.  I like Geeta's because it has lots of lovely bits in it. 


*Curry Deviled Chicken*
Serves 4 to 6
Printable Recipe


Chicken which is marinated in a spicy curry marinade and then grilled or baked until glazed and succulently finger licking good. 


6 chicken drumsticks
6 chicken thighs
1 TBS oil
3 TBS good mango chutney, finely chopped or mashed
(I like Geeta's)
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp English Mustard (hot)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp curry powder
Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste



With a sharp knife make several slashes deep into the chicken pieces, cutting down to the bone.  Mix the oil, chutney, Worcestershire Sauce, mustard, cayenne, ginger, curry powder and seasoning together in a bowl.  Add the chicken pieces, tossing to coat them well with the marinade.  Cover and let stand for one hour.

Preheat the oven to 200*C/400*F/ gas mark 6. 

Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet, brushing them with any extra marinade.  Bake in the heated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp, deeply golden, sticky and the chicken is cooked through.  (The juices should run clear if pricked with a fork.)  Serve hot or cold, as desired.



Easy peasy lemon squeasy.  Just what you are looking for on these hectic busy days in the lead up to Christmas!  I served it with some baked potatoes and mixed veg, but it would certainly be right at home with a Pilau Rice as well!  Bon Appetit!


2 comments

  1. Looks great..I love sweet in a main:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Monique! Me too. I adore sweet and sour chicken! xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!