Amazing Food the day after . . . Using up Those Turkey Tidbits

Friday 23 November 2012

 

I thought I would share a few of my favourite ways of using up leftover turkey today.  I know I have a lot of American readers who will be wanting to know what to do with it all . . . and of course my Canadian and British readers will be dealing with leftover turkey after the annual Festive feast in just a few weeks time.

There's so much more to do with it than the annual turkey/cranberry and stuffing sandwich, as good as they are and it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving or Christmas without imbibing at least one of those after the main meal!

In truth I am probably even more fond of the leftovers than I am of the actual turkey dinner!  Well, almost at any rate!

Here's a few taste tempting dishes to prepare that I am sure will help to insure that your turkey leftovers this year will be neither boring or tasteless!



Turkey Oven Bake - A tasty casserole which goes together quick as a wink, with rice, broccoli, turkey and a few other things.  A real family pleaser!



Barbequed Turkey Pizza - Another favourite with a sauce base of cranberry barbeque sauce and a topping of Balsamic Caramelized Onions, cooked turkey and cheese of course!  Who says leftovers have to be boring!



Turkey Cobb Salad - Chock full of the super foods, turkey, avocado, tomatoes . . . bacon and blue cheese, with a scrummy vinaigrette dressing!



Turkey Pot Pie -  An annual favourite for many years!



Turkey and Stuffing Pie - This version is made with chicken, but you can very easily substitute the chicken with leftover turkey and stuffing from your holiday dinner!


1 comment

  1. excellent Marie, that first photo has me hungry!! ( Its bed time here, we just finished watching the BBC)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!