Just look at what I was recently sent to try out. Yes, that's a lovely Tassimo machine by Bosch. My daughter Eileen, in Canada, got one of these as a wedding gift last year, and I was green with envy, so when Tassimo contacted me several months ago asking me if I would like to try one out I didn't have to think twice before I gave them a resounding yes!
Before anyone says anything, yes . . . I am a Mormon, which means I don't drink tea or coffee, but that's doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good hot chocolate once in a while! I have had another pod hot drinks machine for several years now and I thought it made pretty good hot chocolate . . . until now.
We've been using the Tassimo machine here at Casa de Rayner for about two weeks now, and I have to say in all honesty . . . the Tassimo makes better hot chocolate than my old machine, seriously. Not a word of a lie.
Why I think it's better:
1. There are more than one variety to choose from and they are easily accessible. (Half the time I couldn't get my hands on the hot chocolate pods for our old machine. I have been able to find the Tassimo pods at my grocery store, as well as on line through the Tassimo shop, and Amazon.)
2. The pods are easy to store and easy to use. They don't drip across the floor when you're trying to move them from the machine into the bin for disposal.
3. The offer 40 different flavoured pods from hot chocolate . . . to green and black teas, chai tea . . . and just about every kind of coffee you can imagine. (Espresso, Costa, Cote D'Or, Carte Noir, etc. and in Canada . . . Tim Hortons! Decaf and regular!)
4. There is no guess work involved in using the pods. Each pod contains a simple and unique bar code which the machine reads (it's genious) and then uses to create whatever it is you are having . . . perfectly and in quick time!
5. The Tassimo machine only uses and heats up enough water for the drink you are making. It is exact, which means you haven't wasted any energy or water.
6. Tassimo’s fresh water flow-heater ensures that instead of heating the entire reservoir, you get the right amount of water at just the right temperature for a perfect delivery of your chosen drink!
7. It tastes great! (Well the hot chocolate does anyways! I have tried all three different kinds. Cadbury's, Sucho and Milka. All fabulous!)
In short I love it!
Did you know that 100% of the coffee in Tassimo drinks now comes from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms. On these farms, natural ecosystems are preserved by growing coffee in harmony with nature. Farmers and their communities benefit from training, education and access to healthcare to help them build a more sustainable future. That all sounds very good to me!
Just look at that tasty cup of hot chocolate!!
Of course it goes without saying that it's always nice to have a little bit of what you fancy when you are enjoying such a nice drink, and so I baked some of my Whole Lemon Muffins to have with our chocolates!
These muffins are gorgeously delish. You use a whole lemon, ground up (peel and all) to make them, which gives them a fabulous lemon flavour!
There are also chopped walnuts in them, for an added dimension of flavour. I do so love toasted walnuts and lemon . . . together they are just wonderful!
Add to that a gorgeous lemon drizzle icing and you have one very spectacular muffin indeed! The only down side being (and that all depends on how you look at it) is that the recipe makes rather a lot.
Twelve rather large Texas Sized Muffins if you are so inclined, or twenty four regular sized ones, which is a lot of muffins! Mind you . . . I did cut the recipe in half (it is possible) and got 9 medium large ones. I had never cut the recipe in half before, so it was nice to know that I could do so without any problems. Of course they do freeze well also. Just freeze them before glazing and then glaze them when you are ready to thaw and eat them!!
*Whole Lemon Muffins*
Makes 12 very large muffins
Makes 12 very large muffins
few drops vanillalemon juice to give you a thick drizzle icing
Whisk together the ingredients for the drizzle until thick and smooth. Drizzle over the cooled muffins. Allow to set before serving. Save in an airtight container.
Many thanks to Tassimo for sending me this fabulous machine. All opinions are my own.
Feel free to follow them on Facebook .