A Coffee Morning for Macmillan Cancer Support

Friday 27 September 2013

  photo images_zps1ae75a59.jpg

The Tassimo Blogger Challenge for September was to put on a Tassimo Coffee morning for our friends in support of the world's biggest coffee morning by Macmillan Cancer Support. 
I don't know anyone who hasn't had their lives touched by cancer in some way.  What a worthwhile cause to give to.    My mother has had cancer twice now, breast and lung.  She is a survivor. 

 photo index_zpsd43f6a3d.jpg


Today on September 27th Kenco will team up with Macmillan Cancer Support to help stage the World's Largest Coffee Morning.  I was planning on having some girls over to a coffee morning here (hot choccie for me), but as I haven't been well this week, I just wasn't able to pull it all together in time.  But . . . I am hosting a virtual Coffee Party and  you're all invited!

This is what's on the menu!   I hope you enjoy!  And don't forget to accompany it all with a nice hot cup of Kenco, if that's your wish!



Cappuchino Brownies.  Moist and delicious with a mild coffee mocha flavor and a rich white chocolate frosting.



Lemon Drops.  Oh boy, these are very moreish, with lemon curd and almonds.

 photo SAM_5870_zps9458505b.jpg

Easy Jam Biscuits.   These are a real favourite around here!  Very nice with a hot cuppa!  



Lemon and Jam Slices.   We love jam.  We love Lemon.  Together they are absolutely heavenly!



Lemon and Pistachio Cake.  Oh boy, this is the bomb.  What's not to like about a moreishly drenched lemon cake stogged full of nuts!!

 photo SAM_6027_zpsd2d11329.jpg

White Chocolate Drizzled Orange Cake.  Oh boy.   You make this with orange curd and it's gorgeous!

 photo SAM_5938_zps9c60700e.jpg

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies.  Crisp and buttery and impossible to resist.

So while I know that this is really only a virtual Coffee Morning, I do hope you will hop on over to the Macmillan Coffee Morning page and make a donation.  I can't think of a worthier cause.

6 comments

  1. I hadn't heard about this Marie, but it's a great idea. I am a coffee drinker and I'm happy to join your coffee morning. Not sure if I want to start with the lemon drops or the lemon cake. So many good things to choose from. Prayers for your mother and all the survivors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Marie, what do I start with? Am I allowed to have one of each or is that being TOO greedy?! I love butterscotch and I ADORE oatmeal so I think I'd have one of those first...but I'm sure I'd want a second one!!
    I do hope your Mom is doing well, it must be such a blessing for her, and you, to know that your sister is looking after her. Love to you all, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies and coffee are my best combination. I like it very much.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your day ladies. We had a family meet up of a sort this morning and it was good. Funnily on the way their I told mum I consider Ros and Margaret are cancer survivors but never me. I have had melanoma. Anyway I thank everyone who raises funds for cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, I just gained 5 lbs. from your virtual coffee party.

    Good thing we don't live near each other or I would be so large soon that I could not ride my horse!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you are feeling better now. i lost my nonsmoker dear dad to lung cancer. i have made several of your baking recipes and you continue to amaze me with your suggestions and creations.will of course join you for coffee online.thank you for sharing your family story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!