Triple Threat Crispie Treats

Saturday 21 September 2013



I always get a little bit nostalgic this time of year.  Summer is pretty much over, the kids are back in school.   When I was bringing up my children, our home was a flurry of activity at this time of year . . . packed lunches to make, after school snacks, fund raising bake sales . . . it was all go! 



I was contacted the other day by Good To Know (one of my fav cooking mags) and asked if I would like to attend a bake sale down in London on Monday.  They are partnering with the Make-A-Wish Foundation on their new fundraising campaign, Bake-A-Wish. As the name suggests, it's all about getting people in the kitchen and holding bake sales to raise money for a great cause – granting wishes for children who are living with life threatening illnesses.  In fact the people at Good to Know have baked their own Make-A-Wish cupcakes which you can see here.  They're really cute.  I may even make some myself. 



Unfortunately I am not able to attend on Monday as I have an appointment elsewhere, but that doesn't stop me from baking a fab Bake Sale Treat and sharing it with my friends.  These lovely squares are just the kind I would have made for Bakes Sales back in the day.



Quick and easy to make and everyone loves them.  These take the ordinary Crispies Bar into the extreme!  Makes them much more than just a mere Rice Crispie Square!  These are Rice Crispie Squares on Adrenaline!



You know Rice Crispie squares don't have to be boring, unless you want them to be. You can throw in all sorts and they become exciting and somewhat nutritious!  Things like peanuts and raisins and cranberries.  These additions make them quite moreish and quite the Bake Sale Winners!
I don't know anyone that wouldn't be tempted by one of these and who wouldn't gladly cough up 50p or £1 for a couple!  These are the perfect Bake Sale treat!



*Triple Threat Crispie Treats*
Makes about 12 bars
Printable Recipe

These are scrummy yummy and filled with peanuts, raisins and dried cranberries. If you like you can substitute half the raisins with chocolate covered raisins which makes them even more tasty!!

2 ounces butter (1/4 cup)
1 300g packet of white marshmallows (10 ounce package)
1 tsp vanilla
5 ounces of crisp rice cereal (4 cups)
5 ounces salted peanuts (1 cup)
100g raisins (1 cup)
100g dried cranberries (1 cup)

Butter a 9 by 13 inch pan well and set aside.

Melt the butter in a large nonstick saucepan over low heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and cook, stirring until the mixture is smooth and the marshmallows have melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Stir iin the rice cereal, panuts, raisins and cranberries, mixing them all in well. Spread in the prepared pan, pressing the mixture in evenly with lightly buttered hands. (This is the secret to keep the mixture from sticking to your fingers!) Cool completely before cutting into 3 by 3 1/4 inch bars.

7 comments

  1. Good morning Marie!
    The squares look really delicious and easy and definetely something I can do.
    Thank you for the help about apple butter.Only instead of cider could I use apple juice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see why not Helen. It should work just fine! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know some boys who would love these:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fab recipe Marie, can't wait to try these out - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Triple threat, for sure! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you mean Triple Threat or Triple Treat? Whichever they look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, totally delicious and perfect for the lunch box :))))
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!