I'm just crazy for Jack!

Thursday 10 October 2013

 photo SAM_1070_zps413a1760.jpg

I am no stranger to the Crazy Jack Organic products.   I often buy their coconut and pine nuts.  I was recently sent a bag of their Soft Apricots to try and I don't mind telling you . . .  I have fallen totally and completely in love!

  photo SAM_1071_zpse79531ab.jpg

They may not be pretty, but that's because there are no sulphates used in the drying process.   Dried in the traditional way, under the hot sun, they have a rich, sweet, intense almost caramel-like flavour and fudgy texture.   It's no wonder they just scooped Gold and were awarded the outright winner in it's category of Best Store Cupboard Staple in the annual Soil Associaltion Food Awards for 2013!

 photo SAM_1073_zps9f597f53.jpg

I was going to use them to bake a tasty treat with, but these are just so good I couldn't help eating them out of hand.  Soft dried apricots are naturally high in fibre, low in sodium and a great source of natural iron and potassium (great for the blood pressure), as well as being full of antioxidant phytonutrients.  These are one jam packed full of nutrients healthy snack!  I love that they contain no artificial additives, colours, no added sugars or preservatives and they are gluten free.

What a wonderfully healthy alternative to the candy bar, biscuit or cake!

Love, Love, LOVE!

Many thanks to the Crazy Jack people for sending them out to me to try!  They are available from Tesco, Ocado, Amazon and all good health food shops for £2.99.

Note - I was sent these apricots for free to try out, but all opinions are my own!

3 comments

  1. Those look good. I'll be on the lookout for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good. I'll see if I can order them on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who cares if they're orange? Those look delicious, and your description sounds ever better! I don't know if they're available over here, but I'll keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!