As anyone who has been reading this blog for a while knows, the Toddster is really not very fond of pasta at all. I do make it from time to time, but more often than not I make something completely different for him, or he has the sauce, but on a potato instead. You will remember last week when I posted a review for the DUO Silocone and Ceramics springform cake mold from Lekue (what a fabulous pan) and today I want to show you something else they sent me!!
This is the Lekue Microwave Pasta Cooker. Cook any kind of pasta in the microwave, the fastest and cleanest way. Cook, drain and serve in the same place
It was very easy to use. On this day I cooked cappellini because that is what I had. As you can see here, you simply add the pasta to the cooker, cover it with water.
Place the lid on top and then cook in the microwave for the same time as is required as per package instructions.
At the end of that time you should have perfectly cooked pasta, which you simply drain using the slotted lid, so no extra dish to wash. It did take my cappellini a tad bit longer than the original directions on the pasta, but that was not a problem. I simply popped it in for an extra minute.
There are basic guidelines on the box in any case.
On this particular day I cooked a simple spicy tomato cream sauce to have with the linguine. I chose this for a number of reasons . . . one . . . I quite simply adore simple tomato sauces, using tinned tomatoes. (I always use a really good Italian brand myself, especially when it's a sauce that isn't going to be cooked for a long time period.)
Two, it's a really quick, QUICK sauce to make. It's done in approximately the same time as it takes to cook your pasta, 10 minutes tops.
Oh, and for a simple10 minute sauce, it packs a lot of flavour . . . with the addition of garlic and chilli flakes . . . and cream. Delicious. Quick. Easy. You can't ask for much more than that!
*Cappellini with a Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce*
With a spicy basic 10 minutes sauce, angel hair pasta and freshly grated cheese, you can have a filling and delicious supper on the table in less than 20 minutes!
2 TBS olive oil
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
a large pinch of crushed chillies
2 400g tins of chopped tomatoes in tomato juice, undrained (two 14 ounce tins)
125ml of heavy cream (1/2 cup)
fine sea salt
a pound of Cappellini pasta
a large handful of flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil over high heat. While you are waiting for it to boil, heat the oil in a large deep saute pan. Add the garlic, pepper flakes and some salt. Cook, stirring, just until the garlic becomes very fragrant. Tip in toe tomatoes and their juices. Bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer until fairly thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the cream and heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Keep warm. Add your cappellini to the boiling water, stirring to separae the strands, Cook according to the package directions. Drain well, reserving about a cup of the cooking water. Toss the drained pasta in the hot sauce, along with some of the cooking water and the parsley to combine. Top with some cheese and serve immediately, passing more cheese at the table.
- Pasta cooker scientifically design to cook a variety of pastas within minutes in the microwave; just follow the instructions on the pasta box
- Save time with no need to boil water first; specifically designed so water doesn't overflow in the microwave while cooking
- Specifically designed to wash, cook and drain your pasta in the same vessel; the lid becomes a colander
- Use for a wide variety of pastas including spaghetti, short pasta, fresh pasta, noodles etc. Dishwasher safe: made in plastic and 100% platinum silicone
Fall in love with healthy, easy cooking with the most innovative products thanks to Lekue. Quality, functionality and design that will surprise you with a wide range of tools to make cooking, preparation, preservation, baking and freezing easier. With this collection, Lekue provides practical and revolutionary solutions for today's society way of cooking. Discover the pleasures of cooking at home by blending different flavors, textures and trying exciting recipes that are included with every Lekue product. Healthy cooking solutions for the day-to-day kitchen that breaks with the myth that healthy cooking is boring or bland.
Lekue is located in the Catalonia region of Spain outside of Barcelona and has been the leaders in design and manufacturing of high end silicone products since 1980. Cooking with Lekue's platinum silicone is completely safe and has many advantages.
- This is the ideal material for manufacturing molds or products that will come into contact with food. There is no leftover residues that will alter the flavor of food.
- All the products comply with the quality, technical and design specifications that guarantee durability. Lekue's products are non-stick; they do not require greasing, making unmolding easier. You save calories because you don't need to add extra butter and/or oil. In addition, you can easily fold and store the products made with this flexible material without deforming them, so you save space in the kitchen.
- Silicone doesn't break like glass and doesn't rust like metals.
- Products manufactured with platinum silicone withstand high temperatures: -60ºC and 220ºC. Its versatility and ability to withstand to high temperatures make it safe to use in the microwave, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and freezer.
- Platinum silicone repels water and germs so, apart from easy maintenance, it guarantees maximum food hygiene and safety.
I give the Lekue Pasta Cooker a hearty two thumbs up! Many thanks to Lekue for sending it to me. I have to say I am in love with the Lekue products. They also sent me a Microwave Rice and Grain Cooker.
It has also performed very well, with exact times printed on the outside of the box and in the booklet which comes with it.
With the same qualities and ease of use and clean up as the other Lekue products, this is also an excellent piece of kit, which I highly recommend.
Yes, I am a very lucky girl. Many thanks to Lekue!!
Although I was sent these products free of charge, any and all opinions are my own.