Now that summer is picking up and dusting itself off everyday, the thought of enjoying a creamy delicious ice-cream on a sunny day is getting more and more real. To that end I recently made a Strawberry ice-cream cake to add a little bit of twist I took this idea from a popular bingo site GameVillage Bingo.
2- 3 pints vanilla ice-cream
25- strawberries, hulled and cut in to pieces
1-cup of cream
1/2 cup of blue berries finely chopped
2- tbsp of blue berry squash
1 kg- Vanilla cake
1. Line the bottom of a 9-10 inch springform pan with parchment paper or foil. Place the pan in freezer to chill, about 15 minutes.
2. Take ice cream scoops in a bowl and blend it with the help of electric blender until it turns soft, but still holds its shape. Do this for two minutes. Add few strawberries and blend it again until the ice-cream turns pink and strawberries get finely chopped
3. Transfer this batter to the chilled pan and spread to smooth the surface
4. Freeze the ice-cream for 2-3 hours
5. Whip the cream in a bowl to form soft peaks.
6. Remove the cake from the springform ring
7. Spread the cream on the top
8. Do the topping with finely chopped blue berries
9. Spread the blue berry squash very neatly over the cream
10. Use a sharp knife to slice the cake in to wedges.
This is the perfect ice-cream cake in my books. I am in heaven. Serve the cold cake with finely crushed strawberries and some blueberries squash on the side.
Like I said in the beginning itself that this recipe is inspired from the site- GameVillage Bingo. I regularly play bingo on this and the idea of strawberry ice cream cake with blue berry topping was taken from the sites color combination purple and pink. This site is designed like a village and has used hues of purple and pink as similar as this cake. The site has got amazing collection of bingo and casino games. So hop in here and have lots of fun with chilled ice-cream cake this summer.