When made well, a homemade pizza can easily rival that of any pizzeria, and what's more if you follow these simple "Make Ahead" tips from the people at Cirio, you can have a pizza to be proud of on the table well before any delivery brand!
*Cirio Pizza Base*Makes six 8-inch bases
*Cirio Tomato Sauce for Pizza*Makes enough for 6 8-inch pizzas
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
Top the pizza rounds with the Cirio based tomato sauce. Scatter each one with sliced mozzarella cheese. Drizzle over 1 TBS Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Put the pizza onto pre-heated baking trays and cook in the oven at its highest setting for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and drizzle with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive oil and sprinkle with freshly torn basil leaves.
Everyone has their own favourite pizza toppings, which is what makes pizza so versatile, but here are a few tried and tested flavour combinations which you might like to try.
- Mozzarella, chilli, spicy salami & black olives
- Mozzarella, parmesan cheese & roscuitto
- Mozzarella, capers, black olives & anchovies
- Mozzarella, parmesan cheese, Parma ham - sprinkle with rocket leaves after cooking
- Mozzrella, tuna and olives
- Mixed roasted peppers and Italian goats cheese
- Cirio's Passatas come from the ripest tomatoes, simply peeled and sieved.
- Choose either Rustic Passata with a more chunky texture or Smooth Passata for a creamy texture.
Made from 100% Italian tomatoes, harvested and processed on the same day and with guaranteed traceabilty from seed to fork, Ciro's products create the real rich and unique 'Taste of Italy' ideal for the most discerning chefs and households.
For more information visit www.cirio1856.co.uk
See our recipes at http://www.youtube.com/Cirio1856UK