For the perfect big night in debbie&andrew’s has a selection of recipes that put a little heart into mealtimes. Whether it is a paleo breakfast muffin, a perfectly paired pie for supper or an aphrodisiac fig salad for lunch, debbie&andrew’s sausage recipes are guaranteed to have affection built in!
Everyone will love these delicious muffins adapted from Paleo Polly’s recipe for debbie&andrew’s. Show how much you care with this delicious stripped down version of a sausage muffin that provides a filling breakfast without the over-processed nasties. Wholesome avocado is combined with Harrogate 97% pork sausages sandwiched between two poached eggs.
*Heart Paleo Muffins*
A delicious Breakfast alternative for those who are health concious just in time for Valentines Day from the people at Debbie and Andrew's!
2 debbie&andrew’s Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages, de-skinned
2 large eggs
1 avocado, mashed with the juice of 1 lime
100ml of water (about 7 TBS)
1. Take two stainless steel 8cm cutters, and grease using olive oil.
2. In a mixing bowl, de-skin the sausages, season and mix.
3. On a plate, take the cutter and fill with the sausage meat.
4. Take a frying pan, add olive oil, and cook the sausage patty on a medium heat for around 4 minutes.
5. Flip over, cook on the other side for 4 mins - place the cutter around the meat again to retain the shape.
6. Wash and clean the cutter.
7. Take the eggs and crack into a bowl. Pierce the egg yolks with a fork.
8. In a non stick frying pan, heat some olive oil. Add the cutter to the pan. Once the olive oil is hot, pour in the egg.
9. Repeat this with the second egg. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Once the eggs are cooking add the water to the pan, reduce the heat and cover. Allow the eggs to steam for a couple of minutes.
11. Remove from the pan. Assemble the muffin by layering the sausage meat on top of the egg. Top with avocado, and add the eggy lid.
12. You can add Paleo Polly’s paleo ketchup for tomato sauce fans
*Perfectly Paired Pies*Serves 6
1 TBS olive oil
1 tsp butter
2 leeks, washed and sliced
2 green apples (Granny Smith or Bramley), cored and diced
250ml apple cider (1 1/4 cup)
2tbs plain flour (for a Gluten Free alternative,
try Udi's All Purpose Flour Mix)
250ml chicken stock (1 1/4 cup)
100ml double cream (7 TBS)
2 TBS wholegrain mustard
1 egg - beaten
2 sheets of puff pastry (or Gluten Free alternative)
2 TBS pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a large heavy based saucepan over a medium high heat, fry off the leeks, sausages and apples in the olive oil and butter for about 10 minutes until golden brown. Stir in the flour and cook out for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the cider and reduce down to half. Add the stock, mustard and double cream and reduce until lovely and thick. Cool.
4. Divide your filling between 6 small pie dishes,
5. On a floured bench top, cut out 6 pieces of pastry just larger than the small pie dishes/cups. Lay over the top of the pie dishes, using a fork tightly press the edges.
6. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until lovely and golden. Serve hot!
*Give a Fig Sausage Salad*Serves 4
8 figs, quartered
2 red onions, peeled and quartered
200g feta (1/2 pound)
200g bag mixed leaf salad (about 4 cups mixed leaves)
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Place onions in a roasting dish and lather in salt, pepper and olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes until soft and golden.
2. Chop the debbie&andrew’s Perfect Cumberland Sausages into thick slices on the diagonal and in a non stick large fry pan, fry off over a medium/high heat until lovely and golden. Set aside.
3. Assemble your salad by layering salad leaves, red onion, sausages and figs. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil, balsamic glaze and crumbled feta.
And For Extra Love
debbie&andrew’s are offering 50p off vouchers to fans so that there’s no excuse to not share some extra sausages this Spring. Simply go to: www.debbieandandrews.co.uk/coupon and follow the instructions.
All debbie&andrew’s premium sausages are wheat, gluten and dairy free. For debbie&andrew’s latest charity projects, recipes and products plans, follow Facebook www.facebook.com/debbieandandrews or Twitter @d_a_sausages
debbie&andrew’s sausages are available in Asda, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury’s and Tesco. Prices range from £2.50 on promotion to £3.00.