Grilled Peach and Ham Salad

Tuesday 7 June 2016

 photo DSCN7342_zpsp8ef2ykn.jpg

I picked up some lovely flat peaches at the shops at the weekend, and they weren't too hard, and not mealy.  They were just right.  We had a couple just eaten out of hand and then I used several to make this delicious salad which we enjoyed for lunch!

  photo DSCN7343_zps7ozxxcy2.jpg

It was fabulously delicious.  You got the sweetness of the peaches, which were enhanced by grilling them . . .  scrumptious   . . .

 photo DSCN7344_zpsknorlinw.jpg

the saltiness of the ham . . .  which is torn and scattered about  . . . with that leafy green freshness of the leaves  . . .

 photo DSCN7345_zpswtntqtud.jpg

And a delicious balsamic, honey and mustard vinaigrette dressing.   Seriously scrumptious.  I do hope you will give it a go.  You are sure to love it.  I promise!

  photo DSCN7348_zps8ajnrnvr.jpg

*Grilled Peach and Ham Salad*
Serves 4 - 6
A salad of summer bliss.  I used the flat sattelite peaches which come from France.  Delicious! 

5 ripe peaches
1 TBS olive oil
1 bag of baby salad leaves (about 4 cups)
8 slices  baked ham, torn
coarse sea salt and black pepper 

For the dressing:
3 TBS olive oil
1 TBS balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp runny honey
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste 


 photo DSCN7347_zpsnk3xfvg6.jpg

Preheat a grill pan to high.   Pit your peaches and cut into slices.  If you are using round peaches, cut into wedges.  Using the flat peaches, I just cut each one in half through the centre.  Brush with olive oil and then grill on the cut sides in the grill pan until you have nice grill lines.  You don't want them to cook all the way through, basically you are just lightly grilling them to get the grill marks.

 photo DSCN7349_zps0q2rdm5b.jpg

Divide the salad between four chilled salad plates.   Scatter the torn ham over top of the salad.  Top each with several peach slices.   Whisk together the dressing ingredients.  Drizzle over top and serve.

 photo DSCN7352_zpsidegbcdu.jpg

Bon Appetit!

2 comments

  1. So prettily delicious, Marie! I'm going to make this for my Mum who is visiting for the summer. First, I need one of those grilling pans, though... My thanks and a hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I hope she enjoys it! Xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!