Amaretti Stuffed Peaches

Sunday 8 October 2017





This is something I have wanted to make for a long time, but I never got around to it, because . . .  I either had the peaches and no amaretti, or the amaretti but no peaches.   This week my stars must have been aligned because I finally had everything in place to do them . . .  but then I couldn't find the recipe I wanted to use.   

Grrr . . .  I hate it when that happens, and it happens all too often to me!  I need to create a folder that I save all the recipes in that I want to cook one day, instead of just mentally filing them in my head.  My head is a notoriously bad filing cabinet, and with each year that's passes it's not getting any better!







So anyways I kind of just made this up in my head, based upon what I thought we would like and what I thought would work.   


I used beautiful white fleshed peaches that were just the perfect balance of sweet and tart . . . they were not overly ripe.  If you are going to be baking fresh fruit to be served in this way, it is probably best that they still be quite firm.







I crumbled the amaretti biscuits into a bowl and added some ground almonds to them, along with a bit of sugar, some Disaronno (which is what I had, but you could also use Amarreto, or any almond flavoured liqueur), some of the peach flesh which I had scooped out from the centre of the peaches and an egg yolk to bind it all together.








I stuffed this into the hollows of the peaches and sprinkled them with a bit more sugar, and I cut a thin slice of butter and laid it on top of each.   


Sprinkled them with a bit of apple juice (or processco if you happen to have it) or even just water . . .  and then I banged them into the oven to bake.









These were Heavenly served warm with some cream for pouring.   Do you hear me?  HEAVENLY!  Absolutely flipping gorgeous!  I can't find enough words to describe how delicious they were and let me tell you I have eaten some pretty delicious desserts in my time. 


Hands down this was my all time favourite.  No kidding.  I hope you'll try them.  If you do I think you will agree.  BLISS ♥♥♥  You may want to double the recipe.








*Amaretti Stuffed Peaches*
Serves 6
This just may be the most delicious dessert you will ever taste.  I used white peaches for this, but you can use any colour you want, or even nectarines or ripe apricots.  It's very adaptable.
6 ripe peaches
60g of crisp amaretti biscuits, crushed (about 12)
1 large free range egg yolk, beaten
2 TBS caster sugar (superfine sugar) plus extra for sprinkling
3 TBS ground almonds
1 TBS Disaronno liqueur or amaretto
3 TBS apple juice or white wine
unsalted butter

To serve:
Cream, vanilla ice cream or clotted cream





Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4.  Butter a 12 by 10 inch baking dish.  Set aside. 

Cut each peach in half and remove the stones.  (I follow the "cheeks" of the peach)  Scrape out a bit of the centre of each peach with a small spoon into a bowl, leaving a slight hollow.   


Mix in the crushed amaretti, ground almonds, sugar, egg yolk and liqueur.  Place the peach halves into the baking dish, cut side up.   Fill the hollows with the amaretti mixture, dividing it equally amongst the peaches.   Lay a thin slice of butter on top of each.   Sprinkle with a bit more sugar and the wine. 


Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.   Serve warm with or without lashings of cream or even ice cream, or clotted cream.  It depends on how decadent you want to be.  





Know what???  If I had to choose between this and chocolate, I'd choose this in a heartbeat.  That says a lot. Bon Appetit!

2 comments

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!