Summer Fruit Salad

Wednesday 28 July 2010



Oh how I love, LOVE summer!! The warm sunny days . . . the smell of newly mown grass . . . flowers blooming . . . bees buzzing . . . barbeques . . .

Is there no end to it's loveliness??? I think not!!



Just look at all the fresh fruit that is so abundant at the moment . . . fresh blueberries from hampshire, blackberries and cherries from Kent . . . fresh ripe white peaches from France (Sorry, but they are very hard for this glutton top resist!!)

Not to mention fresh plums and nectarines and sweet mint from my very own garden.



All you need is a bit of fresh local honey and some freshly squeezed orange juice and you have a delicious fruit salad . . .



So refreshing on a hot summer's day . . . Very pretty to look at . . . And very healthy and full of all those good things like antioxidants and vitamins! I almost feel self-righteous eating this!!



A nice dollop of tangy Greek Yoghurt is the perfect addition! Well . . . what are you waiting for??? Dig in!!



*Summer Fruit Salad*
Serves 6
Printable Recipe

What could be more refreshing or delicious than a nice bowl of fresh summer fruits?? This is the best of the season all dressed up in a bowl with a tangy dollop of Greek Yoghurt to gild the lily!

2 pitted and sliced ripe plums
2 pitted and sliced ripe peaches (I used white fleshed)
3 pitted and sliced ripe apricots
1 small punnet of blueberries (about 1 cup)
1 small punnet of ripe blackberries (about 1 cup)
1 small punnet of ripe cherries, pitted and sliced in half (about 1 cup)
the freshly squeezed juice of one large orange
1 TBS runny honey (I like Acacia)
a handful of small mint leaves, bruised
Greek Yoghurt to serve (optional)

Mix all the fruits together in a large bowl, along with the mint. Whisk together the orange juice and the honey. Pour over top and toss to coat the fruit. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve spooned out into small bowls and pass the Greek Yoghurt!

Note - this will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to one day.

Hmmm . . . I wonder if this will help towards redeeming me from all those lucious bad for me goodies that I ate whilst on my holidays? Do ya think???

16 comments

  1. If you knew how desperately I want to dig in...cool and refreshing! It has been dreadfully hot and humid here in the heartland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Marie, are you using Rainier cherries? My favorite part of summer is when Rainier's hit the market, but, alas, only for a short time. Blink your eyes and their gone. I will pay ANY price for them -- that's how much I love them! I'm so happy you added what type of dressing to use on this delightful salad. Orange juice and honey sounds perfect! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muhteşem bir görüntü ellerinize,emeğinize sağlık.

    Saygılar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Una rica ensalada para el verano, se ve deliciosa y sana. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh yes please! I've been eating fruit salad with my cereal every moring, a little taste of summer. Love the idea of adding fresh mint

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you! Summer is defo the best season! Great looking fruit salad ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but delicious. That salad topped with yummy yoghurt is just begging to be eaten :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fruit salad! I am hungry for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Thank you!
    The salad looks delightful and I will try it, but the thank you is for something else. Finally I know how big a punnet is. I have seen it in other recipes, especially BBCs, and hadn't a clue what it was. Our berries come in several sized packages. Thank you for the assist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marie! I didn't realize that
    you were home from N.S.!!! I popped
    over to your other blog and your
    trip sounded just wonderful. I'll
    look forward to trying this salad;
    I'm off to the Pacific NW next week
    to see my own parents and the fruit
    there is divine : ) Welcome home!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Marie, Im happy you are here again, welcome again!! This salad fruit look georgeous and taste! enjoy your summer my dera here is sooo cold!! Hugggsss and love to you and Todd, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to dig right into that cool and lovely treat. We are having a heatwave in Chicago and along came humidity as well.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fruit salad is a staple here Marie! In this heat, I make it even more often than usual- everyone is picking on it!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  14. In the middle of a freezing cold, icy Winter this is such a welcoming sight Marie! Lovely to have you back tempting MOTH & me off the No Fat Ever Again diet. He's lost 14kgs. in the past 4 mths., so I can relax things a little. He's been much better than I ever thought he'd be, so time for a little treat or two.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfection plus healthy! Great combination for the summer.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love lots of fresh fruit in the summer! So light and delicious! Satisfies the sweet tooth, too! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!