Greek Yogurt with Apricot Preserves, Walnuts and Honey

Monday 16 August 2010



Well, I am slowly making a dent in that huge pile of Total Greek Yogurt I was given to try out recently. It really has been wonderful though, no complaints here, as I do love Greek Yogurt so very much and I haven't wanted to waste one delicious morsel of it, free or not!



This has helped me to stretch and to really put my thinking cap on so that I can figure out tasty ways to use it all up!



Sometimes the simplest ideas end up being the best ones of all!



And the tastiest!!!



This is a quick, easy and delicious way to make a scrumptiously impressive dessert, worthy of company even . . . and using simple, wholesome ingredients . . . ingredients that most of us have at our beck and call most of the time . . .



Simple things like fruit preserves and walnuts . . . honey and yogurt . . . With a tiny bit of ingenuity and not a lot of effort you can have a simple, yet impressive dessert on the table in no time at all!!



Every scrummy mouthful . . . at once creamy, crunchy and sweet.

Mmmm . . . this is bliss in a bowl.



*Greek Yogurt with Apricot Preserves, Walnuts and Honey*
Serves 4
Printable Recipe

Creamy, thick and rich with the tasty crunch of toasted walnuts and sweet drizzle of lovely honey. Because of it's simplicity you should use the freshest ingredients you can find.

20 walnut halves
1 pint thick, full fat, Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup of apricot preserves
4 tsp of honey, preferably Greek honey

Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/Gas mark 4.

Spread the walnuts onto a small baking tray. Toast in the heated oven for about 12 minutes, or until light golden brown and very fragrant. Transfer to a plate to cool.

Spoon the yogurt into 4 glass serving dishes. Divide the apricot preserves equally amongst the glasses and spoon over top. Top with the walnuts and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.

Note - cherry and rhubarb preserves are also very delicious in this way.

7 comments

  1. Hayırlı haftalar. Ellerinize sağlık. Çok leziz görünüyor.

    Saygılar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL dessert... or sweet start to breakfast! ;o) YUM! Happy Day, dear Marie--LOVE YOU LOTS ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Marie,

    Your blog makes me cry. I'm in Canada, where you too started out, and I finally made true my heart's desire to visit Yorkshire last October. I was only there for two very short weeks, and I left my heart there. Now anything to do with England, particularly North Yorkshire, makes me ache. Your blog is splendid and I've subscribed, if only to have a piece of what I desperately try to cling to. I am utterly homesick, daily and still, for a place I've never lived. Thank you for this blog! (I can't wait to make everything on here! There's not a single thing that doesn't look delicious. Betty's has a rival! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie Greek yogurt is a new love of mine- I've been using it for so much! Lovely!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh yum I too love Greek yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. It looks amazing! I can almost taste the creamy sweet crunchy deliciousness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently started eating Greek yogurt for the higher protein content. Look forward to trying this to spruce it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!