Gooey Double Chocolate and Cherry Cookies

Friday 15 October 2010



Ohh, I found this lovely cookie recipe on the BBC Good Food site earlier today and I just knew I had to make them. They sounded really, really scrummy!



With crisp brown edges and chewy centres, they satisfy the crunch/chew factor perfectly! Chock full of bits of bittersweet dark creamy white chocolates, and sweet chunks of glace cherries, these cookies please on many levels.



Butter, crisp and chewy . . . and moreishly delicious! The nuts are my own addition, because . . . well, why not!! You can never have too much nuts in my opinion . . . or chocolate!



The two together . . . bliss!



*Gooey Double Chocolate and Cherry Cookies*
Makes about 2 dozen large cookies
Printable Recipe

Oh my, but these are yummy scrummy. Each bite brings you the sweetness of white chocolate, the bitterness of the dark chocolate and the chewiness of the cherries! OH SO GOOD!!

200g of butter, room temperature (7/8 of a cup)
85g of light brown muscovado sugar (1/2 cup packed)
85g caster sugar (a scant half cup)
1 large free range egg
225g of self raising flour (2 cups)
50g of dark chocolate roughly chopped (50-70%cocoa) (about a cup)
50g of white chocolate, roughly chopped (about a cup)
a handful of natural colour glace cherries, roughly chopped
Optional: 120g of chopped toasted pecans or walnuts (1 cup)



Preheat the oven to 190*C/375*F/ gas mark 5. Butter a couple of flat baking sheets and set aside.

Cream together the butter and both sugars, until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, until thoroughly mixed in. Stir in the flour until well mixed. Stir in the chocolates, fruit and nuts if using. Drop by heaped spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving a lot of space inbetween each. (These spread a lot!) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and set. Allow to rest on the cookie sheet before lifting with a flat spatula onto a wire rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container.

I'm afraid I rather made a pig of myself with these . . . *blush*

8 comments

  1. Marie, I DO wish I lived next door! These cookies would be gone.I will make them tomorrow, and I have a feeling these will be a favorite. ALL my favorites -- dark/white chocolate and RED glace cherries. It SOUNDS like a holiday cookie. I can't wait to take a bite! Thanks for the recipe, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! Those look delicious! You're making me need some cookies right now--better rush off to bed before I get out the mixing bowl!

    I wish I lived next door, too! (above comment!) Wouldn't that be fun?! We could just bake and make cards all day!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day, my friend...SO many hugs and loving thoughts being sent your way this very second...

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am about to have some green tea..this should be accompanied by these cookies..now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOUBLE CHOCOLATE??!! I'll take that! ;o) Wonderful cookies... chocolate & cherry is such a delicious pairing...mmm... Thank you, dear friend for another terrific treat. Happy Weekend--LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. UNas galletas geniales, me han encantado. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Marie!! These cookies look absolutely amazing and delicious!! Many times I was thiking made some cookie sto the kids, I love this recipe. Look really yummy!!
    Have a lovely weekend my friend and huggs to you and Todd, xoxoxoxoxo gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nuts are good for you and choc gives you energy, a cup of tea is too wet if you don't dip a cookie in it - all of which means these don't contain ANY calories Right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!