Chocolate Chip and Cream Cookie Brownies

Saturday 28 May 2011



Chocolate Chip Cookies? Check! All buttery and stogged full of semi sweet chocolate chips!



Double Stuff Oreo Cookies??? Check!! All dark chocolatey and crisp . . . and filled with lots of creamy middle stuff!



Chocolate Fudge Brownies???? Check!!! Rich and dense and oh so fudgy!

The three all together in one tray bake??? Could this really happen??? Do my eyes deceive me???



It's true! You are not imagining these. They are the ultimate in chocolate brownies, but it doesn't stop there. I have used Double Stuff Oreo biscuits here today, but you can choose to use any cream filled biscuit that you want. Custard Creams? Bourbon? The world of cream bixcuits is your oyster! Pick your own poison!



I don't dare hazard a guess as to how many calories is in one of these. It probably doesn't bear thinking about . . . just look and drool.



As a once in a blue moon treat for a room full of teenagers that are going to burn it all off later on??? Perfect!!



Me? I only dared have a bite and let me tell you now. It was heaven. I know a group of men at my church later today who will likely concur. ☺



*Chocolate Chip and Cream Cookie Brownies*
Makes one dozen
Printable Recipe

Oh so decadent, with each mouthful bringing you all the deliciousness of a chocolate chip cookie, a cream cookie and a brownie!

For the Chocolate Chip Cookie base:
4 ounces of softened butter (1/2 cup)
3.5 ounces caster sugar (1/2 cup)
3.5 ounces soft light brown sugar (1/2 cup)
1 large free range egg
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 ounces plain flour (1 1/4 cup)
6 ounces of semi sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)

For the Brownie part:
3 ounces continental style dark chocolate (at least 70%cocoa solids)
3 ounces butter (1/4 cup plus 2 TBS)
2 large free range eggs
1 TBS vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
12 ounces of sugar (1 1/3 cup approx.)
6.5 ounces plain flour (1 1/4 cups)

You will also need 12 cream filled cookies (custard creams, oreos, etc.)

Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/gas mark 4. Butter a 9 inch square baking pan, line with parchment and butter the parchment. Set aside.

Cream together the butter and sugars for the chocolate chip base until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Whisk together the soda, salt and flour and then stir this into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Using floured hands, press this mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, smoothing it over as best as you can.

Place the chocolate and butter for the brownie base in a saucepan and melt together over low heat. Once melted and smooth, stir in the sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the flour.

Crumble the cream cookies over top of the chocolate chip cookie base. Pour the brownie mixture over top of this.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is shiny and set and a knife inserted near the centre comes out with only a few crumbs attached. Try not to overbake. Allow to cool completely in the pan before removing. Lift out by the parchment paper when cool and cut into squares.

Note: You may ice these if you wish, but I don't think it's really needed.

9 comments

  1. Those look fabulous. If I can make them well, I'm going to enter them in the Ky State Fair "Favorite Brownie" contest in August. I will credit you. Thanks

    In the US there are several varieties of Oreo's. All those variations would be a different brownie aka the caramel blonde Oreo's in a butter blonde brownie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are something else!Yummie for sure,, I forgot to say how much I loved your peom Marie,, its a keeper for sure.If you make these Charlene you will win first prize for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could just grab one of these off the screen! They look delicious, I've just printed the recipe to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacques will LOVE these..You are such a good baker..cook..and I love your reflections..you are right we do like many of the same things..Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M PRINTING THIS RECIPE OFF NOW!!
    YUM
    Mary oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my they look totally decadent and perfect for a weekend treat. Great idea to try using custard creams - never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! My! Stars! I've been away from home, and computer access, and this is the that greets me first! So MANY wonderful recipes to catch up on here, and to start off with a perfect winner! What wonderful timing!!

    We have to leave again soon for a few days, and these will be perfect for my daughter and daughter in law, who come feed our kitties and water my plants! They are both chocolate lovers and can never decide whether they want brownies, chocolate chippers, or something new. .now they will be getting all three in one! Thanks SO much for sharing this major sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow dear maría... these brownies looks awesome l love the chocolat,send to you huggs and kisses:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!