Cranberry, Pecan and White Chocolate Flap Jacks

Friday 6 May 2011



Oh, I am so very annoyed with myself. I told myself the other day that I wasn't going to bake anything scrummy for a while . . .



I wasn't going to bake anything that I couldn't resist stogging into my cake hole for a while . . .



I wasn't going to bake anything so scrumptiously moreish that I would find it hard to resist for a while . . . and then what do I do???



I go and create something so moreishly, decadently, scrumptiously magnificent that NOBODY would be able resist it!!




I know . . . I'm one bad puddy tat! But then again . . . I can't stay mad at me for long.

One bite and you will be in flap jack heaven. Buttery, sweet, nutty and oh-so-very hard to leave alone. Resistance IS futile.



*Cranberry, Pecan and White Chocolate Flap Jacks*
Makes 12
Printable Recipe

Sweet and scrummy. Just perfect for those times when you want a little something to give you some extra energy.

5 ounces butter, plus extra for greasing (1/2 cup plus 2 TBS)
200g of porridge oats (2 cups)
25g of dessicated coconut (1/4 cup)
50g light muscovado sugar ( generous 1/3 cup packed)
5 TBS golden syrup
6 ounces toasted pecans, broken into chunks with your hands (1 1/4 cups)
2 ounces dried cranberries (1/3 cup)
100g bar of white chocolate (about 3 1/2 ounces)

Preheat the oven to 190*C/375*F/ gas mark 4. Butter a 7 by 11 inch baking tin and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.

Melt the butter together with the sugar and golden syrup, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Set aside to cool.

Stir together the oats, coconut, pecans and cranberries. Pour the cooled butter mixture over top. Stir to combine well. Break up 2/3 of the chocolate into bits and stir into the mix. Press into the prepared pan.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and mark into squares while still warm. Allow to cool completely, then cut all the way through. Melt the remaining white chocolate and drizzle it over top of the bars. Store in an airtight container.

8 comments

  1. Sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad girl!!!!
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love these but never ever had them so decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, now you've gone and done it! Another great looking recipe for me to try, I can't keep up Marie! haha..Actually I was going to write you and beg for you to post a flapjack recipe, I'm on the quest to find a good one because Gary and I love them!
    I can't wait to try these. Can I use soft brown sugar if I can't find Muscavado?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe we should just forget about getting into any swimsuits for a while! These look AMAZING. I found a recipe for Flapjacks the other day and thought how dull they were - but you have just sorted that out! Delicious.
    have a lovely weekend
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm. These look like the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie these flp jacks look delicious and tempting dear! Have a nice week end with Todd and Daisie, Love yah, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some mighty fine looking flap jacks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!