Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies

Saturday 18 June 2011



We had the missionaries over for supper yesterday. I just love feeding the missionaries and I think they enjoy coming over for a meal as well. I usually try to cook them a tasty treat from home, or a cosy meal like their mum would cook for them. Yesterday it was some tasty Bacon Chops and Macaroni and Cheese. Of course I threw in a few vegetables and some salad and buns. They were well chuffed.



For dessert I baked some strawberry tarts, which went down a real treat and then, when they were ready to leave I presented them with a bag of these delicious cookies!



They were over the moon!



Delicious buttery chocolate chip cookies, stogged full of chocolate chips and then filled with a tasty square of milk chocolate filled with gooey caramel. What's not to like about these!!



I was actually very happy that I had the missionaries to give these too. They are far too dangerous to have around the house for very long. I managed to eat three of them in the afternoon . . . and that was with a mouth that was frozen from having been to the Dentist! (They were THAT good!) I couldn't help myself.



Easy peasy, lemon squeezy, and OH SO SCRUMDIDDLYUMPTIOUS! Resistance is futile. Totally futile.



*Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies*
Makes 24 large cookies
Printable Recipe

Delicious chocolate chip cookies filled with a caramel surprise!

3 ounces butter, softened (1/3 cup)
3 ounces white shortening (1/3 cup)
3.5 ounces caster sugar (1/2 cup)
3.5 ounces soft light brown sugar (1/2 cup packed)
1 large free range egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
7 ounces plain flour (1 1/2 cups)
6 ounces milk chocolate chips (1 cup)
3 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips (1/2 cup)
1 family size caramilk chocolate bar, broken into squares



Preheat the oven to 190*C/375*F/ gas mark 6. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

Cream together the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Shape dessertspoonfulls of the cookie batter around squares of the caramilk bar to completely enclose. Place several inches apart on the baking sheets.

Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking time. They are done when they are set and golden brown on the bottoms and edges. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool on the pans for several minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Oh so scrummy!

Resist the temptation to eat while hot as the caramel can burn.

7 comments

  1. Marie..these could win a prize..You're so sweet! have a great weekend I am sure they appreciate all the treats..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think these could be the best cookies ever, they look amazing! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. my, my my,, these are so much my kind of cookie,, yum.I hope you have a good day Marie, I received another award, Marie are you an award free blog if so where do I find an award free blog button.I love getting the rewards but I'm just so confused on all the stuff that goes with it,, I would like my blog to be an award free blog,, I just don't want to be rude,

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing and delicious! Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound just
    almost unbelievable....
    The combination of
    all the yummy ingredients
    that I love....and so
    do my kids, so we'll
    have to try these.
    Thank you for this,
    Marie!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I just put on 10 pounds looking at those wonderful photos with the chooclate and caramel all oozy and yummy ... oh dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!