Monday, 9 June 2014
Dip two three four, dip two three four . . . that's the sound of these adorable toast soldier boots marching across your breakfast plates getting ready to dive into the battle pool of a soft boiled egg! Are they not A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! I know . . . soooooo cute!
The nations's bakers have created a set of limited edition "breakast boots" in a bit to put toast at the centre stage of a healthy and nutritious breakfast!
Each pair of boots is designed to hold a simple, well toasted soldier . . . allowing it to stand at attention with it's comrades in arms, waiting for you and your family to get dipping! What a brilliantly fun way to start the day!
Did you know that one slice of toast provides (at least) 10% of the adult daily intake of protein, fibre, calcium, iron, copper, zinc and manganese, and teamed with a ‘dippy egg’, makes it a healthy breakfast option to start the day. I love soldiers made from artisanal breads myself . . . with lots of lovely fibre and seeds, but I know kiddies aren't overly fond of that type of bread. These lovely little soldiers might help though!
Made from food safe polypropylene these cute boots are ready to be enjoyed by children aged three years and older. I can say with authority that BIG kids enjoy them too! Nicely polished and ready to go they bring a sense of fun to the breakfast table. You can also decorate and accessorize them in any variety of ways. They make breakfast fun!
WE had great fun with them at any rate! If you would like to know more do check out the Federation of Baker's site where you can learn everything you need to know about the British Bread Baking Industry. It's all a very fascinating read!
Many thanks to the Federation of Bakers PR team for sending us these cute little boots to play with!
Six minutes. Six steps to perfection! How to soft boil an egg that is perfect for dipping:
1. Fill a pot with about 1/2 inch of water. Yes, that’s all you need. Use the smallest pot you have that will house the number of eggs you’re making. I usually only do one or two eggs at a time, but this same technique can be used for any number of eggs.
2. Bring that 1/2 inch of water to a rolling boil over high heat (with a lid on top). This happens very fast because it’s only a 1/2 inch of water, after all. That’s one reason this is so much faster than boiling an egg. Gently place the egg(s) into the pot. Tongs make this easier to do without burning your finger tips. Make sure to not drop the egg or else it can crack and the whole process will be ruined. Just gently set it on the bottom of the pot.
3. So, now your eggs are sitting in a little bit of rapidly boiling water. It’s not actually the water that cooks the eggs, but the surrounding STEAM. So, we’ll need to put a lid on top to trap the steam and create a steam bath.
4. After adding the eggs, place a lid on the pot and set your timer for SIX MINUTES (for large eggs).
5. After exactly six minutes, turn off the burner and carefully pour out the hot water. Fill the pot with cool water to stop the eggs from cooking. After about 30 seconds to a minute in the water, they’ll be cool enough to handle.
6. Place into your egg cup, shear off the top and get ready to dip away. You have a perfectly cooked soft boiled egg!
Labels: Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs