Peanut Butter & Banana Overnight Oats

Tuesday 26 July 2016

 photo DSCN8180_zpsvb2dyxf3.jpg

I am late coming to the overnight oats party.   I discovered the delights of them just the other day and I am in love!     This recipe is a riff on one I found on Crunchy Creamy Sweet.  I made it exactly as described the first night and I have been playing with it ever since.

 photo DSCN8181_zpsuvd124he.jpg

I tried it another day with dried banana chips and three nut butter.   Don't try it.  Blecch.  The dried bananas did not work at all, although the three nut butter was okay (and sugar free).

 photo DSCN8182_zpscalgarbg.jpg

I have used agava syrup, date syrup, maple syrup, stevia, etc.   Best to leave it just as is, except I do cut the brown sugar amount in half.  (Diabetic)  

  photo DSCN8183_zpseraoxl1b.jpg

I have left the sugar out altogether and added some raisins, which was very good.  You could also add a few chocolate chips.   I like the dark.  This is a delicious way to get your morning oats!

 photo DSCN8184_zpsysyzk1r4.jpg


*Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats*
Makes 1 serving
This is delicious and quite healthy.  Its also very easy to do.  One of my favourite breakfasts.  If you are not doing refined sugars, just add coconut sugar, or  agave syrup, maple sugar, etc.  Whatever floats your boat!  



60g old fashioned rolled oats (3/4 cup)
6 fluid ounces milk (3/4 cup, any kind you enjoy)
1 small banana, peeled and sliced
2 tsp brown sugar (or your favourite sweetener)
1 TBS peanut butter 


 photo DSCN8186_zpscuf2darp.jpg

Layer all ingredients in a mason jar beginning with the oats and ending with the milk.  Put the lid on and shake well to combine ingredients.  Store in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy in the morning.

Bon Appetit!

4 comments

  1. you can also use yogurt instead of milk and make it pro-biotic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that this morning. I had the oats with chopped strawberries, blueberries, some agava syrup and yogurt. Yummy!

      Delete
  2. :-( Wish I knew something which could help. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!