Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes

Sunday 14 February 2010




There is something about Valentines Day that makes me want to spoil my beloved to bits . . .



Maybe it's because we found each other so late in life and I am wanting to make up for lost time . . .



Maybe it's because I just think he is the sweetest most adorable man alive . . .



Maybe it's because he usually spoils me to bits . . .

and then again . . .




Maybe it's because I feel like eating fluffy ricotta pancakes myself!!! *tee hee*

Totally deliciously moreishly fluffy and taste temptingly scrumdiddlyumptious!



*Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes*
Serves 3 to 4
Printable Recipe

These fluffy pancakes have a deliciously creamy texture. They make a particularly scrumptious breakfast for that special someone in your life, but they also make a delicious dessert when topped with sweetened whipped cream!

4 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
310g ricotta
190ml milk
9oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
the grated zest of two lemons
icing sugar
170g fresh raspberries
Acacia honey, or some other flavourful honey
oil for cooking



Beat the milk, egg yolks, flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest together in a bowl, until well blended. Stir in the ricotta cheese and blend in gently, leaving some of the curds whole.

In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until they hold stiff peaks. Stir about 1/3 of the egg whites into the ricotta mixture, and then gently fold in the remaining whites with a rubber spatula.

Grease a griddle or a large nonstick skillet with some oil. Heat over medium high heat until hot. Drop heaped spoonfuls of the batter onto the heated pan and cook until the undersides are a lacy golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip over and cook the other side in the remaining way. Keep them warm, covered with a kitchen towel, until all are cooked.

Serve the pancakes warm, sprinkling each serving with some icing sugar, a portion of the fresh raspberries and a drizzle of the honey.

17 comments

  1. I've seen several recipes for ricotta pancakes but have never made them -- it's time I changed that -- they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these look delicious! I've never tried ricotta pancakes before, Marie--they look like just the thing to spoil my Valentines with!

    Hope you have a lovely Valentine's day, my dear friend, and that your dear hubby does spoil you rotten--you deserve it!!!

    A big Valentine's hug from me to you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marie! My grandmother used to make me ricotta pancakes for dinner after I had been ill-she wanted to "boost" my appetite (which never needed boosting!) I make them for my children Thanks for the memory
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmmmm. I like the sound of addinf ricotta to the pancake mix. Going to have to give these a try ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que buenas tortitas. Con un poquito de salsa de chocolate tienen que estar geniales. Un saludo desde España

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something special and sweet is perfect for Valentine's breakfast! Pity we've eaten already, else we would have made these wonderful pancakes... perhaps next weekend?! Wishing you a great LOVE-filled weekend, dear Marie! Hope to get to chat with you this evening. ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The pancakes look delicious and anything with raspberries is a go! I will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my heart be still !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    they look simply divine...
    perfect for valentines day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look terrific. I'm making heart shaped pancakes topped with raspberries and pineapple for my Valentine this morning. Wonder if I have an ricotta?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad that I came across your blog, because I COMPLETELY agree with the premise. I am an American who has spent most of her life in Singapore, but I lived in London for five years as a kid and I can honestly say that England has some GREAT food. I drool at the thought of steak and kidney pie, while most of my American peers shudder at the thought of eating an organ. I get frustrated every time I bite into an American chocolate bar and find that it tastes like WAX compared to Cadbury's Dairy Milk, and I think that Minstrels are M&Ms done right. Americans are finally realizing the joys of things like parsnips, rhubarb, trifle, and anything made my McVites, but we have a long way to go. I am waiting for the day when I walk into an American restaurant in the summer and have the option of ordering Pimm's!

    Great blog. I'll definitely be reading.

    http://brunettewalksintoabar.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Valentine's Day Marie - and what a wonderful start to the day with these lovely pancakes. Todd is a lucky man!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delight for your Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look awesome. Pancakes are well loved here. Adding this to my must-make stash!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have just found your blog and I love it. I especially like the ricotta pancakes,they look so delicious. I have a problem, I am from the usa and I cant convert the measurements. I was wondering if you could help me with this recipe.Thank you I would really appreciate it. My e-mail is sharcrafti@aol.com Thanks again Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pancakes look good. I made pancakes on Sunday but burnt quite a few. So I also made bacon and eggs so there would be enough food!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! These were wonderful! We had friends over for a "pancake supper" tonight. Rave reviews!
    Thanks for a great recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!