Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cookies

Sunday 8 January 2012



I just love to take recipes that are familiar and well known, and then adding a little twist to them, just to make them that little bit scrummier. (Are you tired of that word yet? How about moreish???)



Anyways, peanut butter cookies. Nothing out of the ordinary there. I mean how can you improve upon perfection??? Crisp peanut butter cookies, stogged full of peanut butter flavour . . . a crisp sugar coating . . .



How two of those perfect little babies, sandwiched together with melted chocolate???? mmmm . . . oh so good. Especially with a nice cold glass of milk.



Perfect. Lunch box goodies. You can't get much better than this!



Well . . . you could spread single cookies with melted chocolate and then sprinkle them with chopped peanuts . . .



But, I didn't show you this did I??? shhhh . . . mum's the word. I didn't do this. I didn't eat them all up either. uh uh . . . wasn't me.



*Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cookies*
Makes about 18 double cookies
Printable Recipe

Classic cookie with a delicious twist! Bet you can't eat just one! Perfect with an ice cold glass of milk!

175g of plain flour (1 1/4 cups)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 TBS unsalted butter, softened
200g peanut butter (3/4 cup)
(don't use natural peanut butter)
125g of dark soft brown sugar (3/4 cup packed)
1 large free range egg
1 tsp vanilla
Demerara sugar for rolling (turbinado)
6 ounces chocolate chips (1 cup)

Preheat the oven to 190*C/375*F/ gas mark 5. Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

Cream together the butter and peanut butter, until well mixed. Add the brown sugar and cream together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, soda and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture until all the ingredients are well mixed, making sure you scrape up from the bottom of the bowl.

Put the demerara sugar in a small bowl. Scoop out the dough and shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll each ball into the demerara sugar and then place onto the baking sheets 1 1/2 inches apart. Using a fork press the balls flat, first pressing one way and then again diagonally from the first marks. It will or should look like little squares. Repeat until all the dough has been used.

Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before scooping off onto a wire rack to finish cooling completely.

Place the chocolate chips in a bowl and melt in the microwave, following package directions. Sandwich two cookies together with a bit of the melted chocolate in the middle. Allow to set before eating. Store in an airtight container.



Over in The Cottage today, an amazing Chocolate Mint Snacking Cake . . . another tasty treat from my Big Blue Binder.

11 comments

  1. Your secrets safe with me M..., what did you say you're name was???? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. my oh my marie, these look very tempting, I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, we still haven't figured skype out yet have we, I'm not tired of scrummie or moreish,, you're the only person I know that uses those words, they are very you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look absolutely nice dear Marie, delicious, Love yah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an evil woman lol. My 'healthy eating plan' goes right out the window every time you post a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, I'm supposed to be thinking about healthy food, but your lovely post is making that really diffcult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, you are a dangerous woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, I have to agree with the last three comments...you don't help with healthy eating plans! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're killing any hopes I may have had of eating only celery and carrot juice for the month of January. Maybe I'll make them on Feb 1st - it can't hurt, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty cookies and they look SO delicious - perfect with a cuppa
    Mary oxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm these look lush..been looking for recipes that use peanut butter..thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!