Thursday, 29 November 2012
A simple Lasagne Verde
I’m sure everyone has a favourite lasagne recipe – and this is mine. In my opinion, this is the best lasagne ever! This classic recipe is simple and the ingredients are totally basic, meaning you don’t have go to the ends of the earth for them. It is made up of layers of pasta verde sandwiched between a roast ham and a béchamel sauce… yummy! For best results, consider using triple coated premium non stick bakeware. As well as an easy release of food this has the added bonus of being easy to clean.
10oz/275g chopped mushrooms
1 medium onion chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
1 medium courgette
10oz/275g diced roast ham
6oz/150g frozen petit pois
1pt/500ml Béchamel sauce
8oz/225g grated Cheddar cheese
2 packets pre-cooked Lasagne Verde
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F, gas mark 5, lightly greasing your bakeware.
2. Fry onions, mushrooms and garlic in butter until softened.
3. Prepare Béchamel sauce and add the petit pois and ham, seasoning to taste.
4. Spread a thin layer over the base of the tin cover with a layer of lasagne.
5. Take the onion and mushroom mixture and spread over the lasagne, cover with Béchamel sauce.
6. Layer until the onion and mushroom mix is finished. Top with remaining Béchamel sauce, sliced courgettes and grated cheese.
7. Bake in the oven in 30 minutes using your premium non stick bakeware. Leave to stand for a few minutes before serving.
You can compliment the lasagne with garlic bread to make it a tad more traditional.
By Zirca Ali
Thanks Zirca! It looks delicious!!