Have you had your Oats today?

Monday 21 January 2013




I am a real cereal lover! It has ever been so.   I grew up on sugary cereals when I was a child.   My mother could never get us to eat oatmeal , or any other kind of cooked cereals for that matter.   We would only eat cold cereals like Cheerios (which I still love) puffed wheat, corn flakes and the like . . . not exactly the healthiest things around, but looking at them now, not exactly the worst things either!  There was no such thing as granola back then, at least not that you could buy in the shops.  I am sure there were a few tree hugging hippies (which my mother was not) that did make their own, but having said that . . . we probably would have turned out noses up at it back then anyways . . .

 photo SAM_3707.jpg

As an adult I have come to embrace and LOVE cooked cereals, but more than that . . . I adore Granola, often making my own.   The thing I have always loved about home created Granola is that I can put lots of fruit into it . . . and I do like lots of fruit in my granola.

Just prior to Christmas the people at Jordan's sent me some of their new Super Fruity Granola.  Super Fruity granola is bursting with raspberries, redcurrants, and pomegranate . . . lots and lots of lovely red berries.   There is also oat and almonds, baked with honey.    

Jordon's Super Granola's are all created with a base of toasted oatmeal and combined with plenty of special 'super berry' or nuts ingredients added for extra nutrition, flavour and texture.

 photo SAM_3710.jpg

And as you can see, the fruit was really bright and colourful, and I have to say it tasted just like real fruit!  Well, it was real fruit, but you know what I mean.   It didn't taste stale and dry like some of those dried fruits in cereals can taste.   I quite enjoyed it.  The oats were crunchy and slightly sweet from the honey it is baked with.   I quite, quite enjoyed.  I love a nice bowl of granola in the morning topped with tart plain yogurt.   I think it is the breakfast of champions!

From their page:
  • No artificial flavourings, colourings, preservatives
  • Non GM
  • No added salt
  • High in fibre

 

I often eat granola just out of hand as a quick snack, and I have been known to use it to top pancakes and muffins as well as my baked honey glazed granola donuts.

Very scrummy indeed and I am thinking that this fruity granola would go down very well in those!  This beautiful granola is available in Four delicious flavours.

 photo SAM_3709.jpg

Sometimes though, you are on the run and you don't have time to sit down and eat a bowl of cereal, or bake donuts or the like.   You want something quick that you can grab as you are going out the door and eat on the run.   They also sent me a box of their ABSOLUTE Nut Luxury Bars.   Oh my . . . just look at all the nuts in that bar!  I love nuts.  

These were beautifully chewy and just stogged full of lovely crunchy whole and chopped almonds, roast hazelnuts and pecans . . . combined with oats in a fabulous hand held bar which I truly enjoyed.  I love that it was healthy and very, very nutty.   Have I told you I love nuts?   Yes . . . well, I'm telling you again, I LOVE NUTS and I just LOVED these granola bars!
Absolute Nut Luxury Bar
From their page:
  • No artificial flavourings, colourings, preservatives
  • Suitable for vegetarians
  • Non GM
  • No added salt
  • High in fibre
  photo SAM_3708.jpg

These Luxury bars also come in an ABSOLUTE Berry Bar, filled with strawberries, cranberries and blackcurrants and once again with wholegrain oats.

Many thanks to Orly and Jordan's Cereal for sending me these goodies.   These products are available at all major grocery shops throughout the country.

Award winning, using British grown ingredients, responsibly produced, wholegrain, wholesome, family run and supporters of the Prince's Countryside Trust.

Will this replace my homemade granola . . . in all honesty, probably not, but it is nice to know that when I don't have the time to make my own, there is a delicious and healthy alternative that I can pick up at the shops!

1 comment

  1. The cereal looks so good, but it's the doughnuts that really get me. Keep cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!