Cinnamon Blondies

Saturday 16 March 2013

 Cinnamon Blondies

Cinnamon Blondies. Imagine a cinnamon snickerdoodle and a blond brownie smashed all in one and you have a Cinnamon Blondie. A snickerdoodle blondie square. Yum yum!

I think one of my favorite flavors of all has to be cinnamon . . . well, next to lemon and chocolate that is. It's right on up there in my top three of total numminess.

 Cinnamon Blondies

Cinnamon flavored cookies, cinnamon toast . . . cinnamon rolls, pancakes, etc.   

I could go on and on about cinnamon goodies and never tire of talking about them, or eating them.   I put my hand up.  

I am a cinnamon glutton!

 Cinnamon Blondies

If you like cinnamon and you like squares which are moist and dense and fudgy, then you will love these delightful cinnamon blondies. 

If you are looking for a good blondie recipe, then let this be the one.

 Cinnamon Blondies

They have everything going for them.  Full on cinnamon flavour . . . moist texture, chewy even . . . a lovely sweet drizzle glaze.  

These make the perfect Elevensies/Coffee Bread/ Tea Break snack.

 Cinnamon Blondies

Seriously tasty scrummy.   Honest to goodness, cross my heart, hope to die if I tell a lie.   



Cinnamon Blondies

*Cinnamon Blondies*
Makes 15
Printable Recipe

Spiced nicely with lots of cinnamon.  Very moreish square to have with that afternoon cuppa.

265g of plain flour (2 2/3 cups)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp fine sea salt
400g soft light brown muscovado sugar (2 cups, packed)
225g butter, unsalted at room temperature (1 cup)
2 large free range eggs, room temperature
1 TBS vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon

To top:
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS granulated sugar

To glaze:
65g of icing sugar (1/2 cup)
few drops cinnamon extract
milk

 Cinnamon Blondies

Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4.   Butter a 9 by 13 inch pan.  Line with baking paper.   Butter the paper.   Set aside.

Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.   Set aside.

Cream the butter and muscovado sugar together until smooth.  Beat in the eggs, vanilla and cinnamon.    Stir in the flour mixture to combine thoroughly.  Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.  Mix together the cinnamon and granulated sugar.  Sprinkle evenly over top.

Cinnamon Blondies

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until glossy and set.   Remove from the oven.   Let stand in the pan for about 10 minutes before lifting out to cool completely.   Whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth.   Drizzle decoratively over top.  Cut into squares to serve. 

Cinnamon Blondies 

This content (written and photography) is the sole property of The English Kitchen. Any reposting or misuse is not permitted. If you are reading this elsewhere, please know that it is stolen content and you may report it to me at: mariealicejoan at aol dot com Thanks so much for visiting. Do come again! 

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments

  1. This sounded so great I have one in the oven right now. It smells divine - thank you for the recipe!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon is my favorite...along with coconut and almond and....well, one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!! My Mom always said that if you want your desserts to be good, double the cinnamon. So like Mother, like daughter . . I always do :)
    This looks so good.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, these sound great but where do you get cinnamon extract from??

    Thanks AnnBB

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Ann, here in the UK I get my cinnamon extract at Lakeland: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/16322/Star-Kay-White-Cinnamon-Extract

    In North America I think you can buy it via Watkins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!