Spicy Turkey Burgers 2

Tuesday 6 August 2013

  photo SAM_7911_zps6616cd19.jpg

I have a confession . . . I love turkey burgers.  I would choose a turkey burger over a beef burger any day of the week.  Seriously.  Well . . . unless it was an A&W Prime Rib Burger that is.  Those are flippin' gorgeous.  I've only had one of those in my life time and I've been thinking about it ever since!  (Must have been loaded with fat, that's all I can say!)

 photo SAM_7910_zps452f4a8c.jpg

I used to make a Spicy Turkey Burger for my boss when I worked at the Manor all the time.   They were really good.  I have also made Thai Turkey Burgers which were fabulous . . .  Buffalo Turkey Burgers which were stupendous . . .  and Turkey Burgers with Cranberry Catsup, fabulous Catsup . . . that last one was someone else's recipe and the burgers themselves were just so so . . . but the catsup that I came up with was just wonderful.

 photo SAM_7903_zpsfd453c5d.jpg

I had some ground turkey in the house yesterday and I was craving a turkey burger and so I decided to come up with something a tad bit different than the ones I used to make at the Manor.  I wanted them really kicked up a notch and this is what I came up with.  

 photo SAM_7901_zps4c4e4990.jpg

Fabulously moist turkey burgers, low in fat and flavoured with garlic, onion, shallots, and chipotle chili paste . . . with a nice slice of spicy mexican flavoured cheddar melted on top . . . tucked into a toasted cheese roll, on a bed of garlic mayo . . . with shredded lettuce, red onions and sliced tomatoes.

  photo SAM_7909_zps07eb0490.jpg

TO ---- DIE ---- FOR!
'Nuff said.  Make them.  NOW!   I'm not kidding.  No way.  No how.


 photo SAM_7902_zps4f841776.jpg


*Spicy Turkey Burgers 2*
Makes 4
Something a little bit different than the other turkey burgers I make.  No less delicious though!   We both loved these!  They had a nice kick without going over the top. 

1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 medium sized red onion, peeled and finely minced
1 shallot, peeled and finely minced
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 TBS chopped fresh coriander
1 tsp chipotle chili paste
spicy cheese slices (I used the Mexican spiced ones you can get at Aldi)
split and toasted cheese buns
shredded lettuce
thinly sliced red onions
garlic mayonnaise
sliced tomatoes 

Crumble your turkey into a bowl.   Add the onion, shallot, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, black pepper, fresh coriander and chipotle chili paste.  Mix everything well together with your hands, making sure it is well combined.   Shape into 4 flat patties.  Heat a large grill pan.  Spray with some non-stick cooking spray.   Add the burger patties and grill them for about 4 minutes per side, until nicely browned and cooked through.  The juices should run clear.   Turn off fire under the grill pan.  Top each with a slice of cheese, pop a lid on and leave for a few minutes while you toast the buns.   Top the bottom halves of the toasted buns with some garlic mayonnaise, shredded lettuce, red onion slices, and a few slices of tomato.  Place the cheese topped turkey burgers over the tomatoes and place the top bun over all.  Serve immediately.

3 comments

  1. I will give these a try because the other ones you showed us, with the Pepperdew peppers, are a big hit in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, these burgers sound and look delicious! I rarely cook beef burgers now, and have been amazed at how good turkey burgers are, with good seasonings. I use coriander quite a bit now and I like that your recipe includes it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would take a turkey burger (well, a homemade one. The frozen ones are cardboard!) over a beef one any day. Really! The Geologist scoffs, but I am who I am. And add spicyness to the mix and you've got me hooked! This looks absolutely delicious. I've got to try it, some time when he's out of town :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!