The Kandle ll by Ozeri

Saturday 5 October 2013

  photo fb4866c2067e040abe6162062bbf866d_zps22a2ef15.jpg


You all know of my love for reading cookbooks.   I even bring them to bed with me.   Todd just doesn't understand it, but . . . then again, I don't always understand why he reads the books he reads either!   To each their own.

I was recently sent the most wonderful little item which I have been enjoying using over these past couple of weeks.  I really do get sent the neatest things to try out.  This time it was the  Kandle II LED Book Light in Black.  

It is safe to say that I don't only read cookbooks in bed.  I read plenty of other stuff instead and I read that stuff mostly on my Kindle.  Because of my arthritis it is very difficult for me to hold any book of size in bed for very long.  It hurts my wrists.  And so . . . I use a kindle.  

 photo ozerikiipromo3-e1327196005230-114753_550x400_zpsfe1bc821.jpg

Some specifications:
  • the Kandle by Ozeri II is powered by 3 ultra bright lifetime X2 LEDs that are optimized to distribute light evenly without creating glare or eyestrain.
  • Improved power button offers 3 levels of brightness from ultra bright to soft light for the perfect screen illumination.
  • New patent-pending WideLip design attaches to the Kindle, Sony Reader and other eBook readers without blocking the screen.
  • Double pivoting arms allows for easy positioning and adjustment for tailored screen illumination.
  • Includes 2 CR2032 batteries installed (plus an extra set of batteries) and protective pouch.  

The Kandle is nice and compact, so it isn’t a huge accessory that dwarfs your e-reader like some lights. It folds up to be quite small, and even comes with a little carrying pouch. The weight of the product does not significantly affect the reading experience. I was pleasantly surprised by the small size and weight.

Lit by three LEDs, the Kandle provides bright light to the entire reader screen. I am pleased by the lack of glare and the most even distribution of light I’ve ever seen from a book light. The two pivoting arms allow you to adjust the light to a variety of angles, allowing you to ensure the entire screen is illuminated from pretty much any placement. The Kandle II also has two brightness settings, which I found quite handy. It’s good to be able to select a brightness, allowing you to easily read in conditions from dim lighting to pitch black darkness.

 photo kandle-ii-by-ozeri-clip-on-reading-light-for-amazon-kindle-black-p33143-300_zps25f5d12e.jpg
 
The Kandle includes a carrying pouch, two extra batteries (two are pre-installed).  This was a big plus for me.  It means I can easily take it with me when I am travelling and I have extra batteries on tap when I need them.

All in all I give this handy little light a 10+ out of 10.  I am well pleased with it.

Available from Amazon.uk for the price of £9.99.  I would not be without it now. ☺

2 comments

  1. The Geologist has wanted a kindle for a while now... I just got a new iphone, and sold my cracked ipad to my brother, buying a kindle fire to replace it... But realized with the new phone, I didn't really need a tablet anymore! I think with the money I saved sending it back, I just might buy him one for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gadgets make the world go round!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!