Indulge in some kitchen therapy with a little inspiration from Leisure range cookers. The warmer summer months signal the arrival of lighter meals, fresher flavours and relaxed al fresco dining.
Try this menu of a starter of a grilled asparagus with mozzarella panzanella salad - divine with a generous drizzle of vinaigrette, followed by a flavoursome main course, Mediterranean baked fish with vegetables, and if you're seeking the true taste of summer, a bowl of lemon possets with fresh raspberries.
Whether feeding the family or hosting friends, a Leisure range cooker is the perfect kitchen companion. With features that include a griddle, slow-cooking functionality, dedicated grills and wok burners as well as large oven capacity and multiple hob burners, you can be certain of greater flexibility in the kitchen. Whilst you're grilling your asparagus, you can bake the fish in one of the other ovens and start prepping the posset too. With multiple cooking spaces, you can be sure that your menu is timed to perfection without contaminating flavours and smells.
Grilled Asparagus with Mozarella Panzanella Salad
Prep: 20 minutes Cooking: 15 minutes
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 TBS lemon juice
- pinch of dried thyme
- 125g thin asparagus tips, woody ends snapped off
- 2 pitta breads, halved and cut into small triangles
- olive oil for brushing
- 1 ball mozzarella, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/2 large bag of salad leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
For the dressing:
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oi
- 1/2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and thyme together and pour over asparagus and leave to marinate for 1 hour. Drain off marinade.
- Preheat Leisure oven to 200*C.
- Arrange the pitta triangles on a baking tray, brush with a little olive oil, season, and then bake for 6-7 minutes until golden. Set aside until needed.
- Preheat Leisure Grill or griddle on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Put asparagus under grill or on top of griddle for 6 - 8 minutes or until cooked, turning over once. Slice in half and arrange with salad leaves, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes onto a serving dish with the pitta toasts.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a screw top jar and shake together, and then drizzle over salad before serving.
Mediterranean Baked Fish with Vegetables
Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 20 minutes
- 675g new potatoes
- 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine, snipped into sprigs
- 200g courgettes, sliced thickly
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 TBS olive oil
- 1 handful of fresh oregano or basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 X 200g chunky white fish fillets, like haddock, hake or cod
- Preheat oven to 200*C
- If potatoes are too large, cut in half. Put all ingredients except for fish into a bowl and toss until the vegetables are coated in oil.
- Place onto a baking tray. Cook for 20 minutes before placing fish on top. Drizzle a little oil and juice from the tray over the fish and cook in centre of oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
Lemon Possets with Fresh Raspberries
Prep: 6 minutes Cooking: 3 minutes (2 hours refrigeration)
- 600ml double cream
- 120g caster sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- few raspberries
- Put the cream, sugar, lemon juice and nearly all the zest into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and boil on medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Leave mixture to cool slightly before pouring into ramekins or glasses. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve with raspberries and the remaining zest sprinkled over.
For more information on the new models as well as recipes and stockists visit www.leisurecooker.co.uk
Leisure is part of Beko pls., one of the largest domestic appliance manufacturers to the UK, the second largest in Europe and one of the top ten appliance brands in the world.
Leisure remains true to it's history of over 120 years manufacturing the highest quality range cookers. This manifests itself today in Leisure's Cookmaster and Cuisinemaster models, available in a new "family" of sizes: 110cm, 100cm, and now 90cm, with a 60cm gourmet model available.
Synonymous with quality and design, Leisure develops cutting-edge cooking technology in new and state-of-the-art production facilities, ensuring excellence in design, materials and construction of all it's range cookers. Leisure has been awarded the 2014 GHI accredation for the 100cm and 110cm Cookmaster an Cuisinemaster models.