Cheesecake Cream Topped Summer Berries

Sunday 16 August 2015



What is it about summertime and soft fruit desserts! I just can't get enough of them! I guess that is because it's when they are readily available locally, fresh and ripe for the eating!





This is another recipe that I flagged from an old issue of Jamie magazine.  In my opinion it is one of the better food magazines out there. 



The picture of this dessert in the magazine immediately caught my eye for several reasons . . .

  • It was pretty
  • I love berries
  • I love cheesecake
  • I love easy
  • I love shortbread biscuits!


You can almost fool yourself into feeling selfrighteous when you are eating this because it is so light and healthy looking . . . minus the cheesecake cream of course . . . oh, and the shortbreads.



Sigh . . . this really did taste like cheesecake! There was none of the trouble of having to bake it and then having your dog eat half of it. I had it on the table in about half an hour actually . . . it was fabulous!

Try it! You WILL love it!



*Cheesecake Cream Topped Summer Berries*
Serves 4
Printable Recipe

Its like cheesecake without any of the faff!!! Delicious!

300g of fresh blackberries (about 1/2 pound)
300g of fresh blueberries (about 1/2 pound)
1 to 2 TBS caster sugar, or to taste
the finely grated zest and juice of one orange
a splash of Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur, if desired
shortbread biscuits to serve (optional)

For the cheesecake cream:
190g Cream cheese (3/4 cup)
75ml of double cream (about 1/4 cup)
a few drops of vanilla
60g of caster sugar (scant 1/4 cup)
a squeeze of lemon juice

Place the berries into a large based saucepan, along with the caster sugar, orange zest and juice, grand marnier (if using) and a small splash of water. Heat over medium heat just until the berries hit a very gentle bubble and immediately remove from the heat, cover and set aside to cool.

To make the cheesecake cream. Whisk together the cream cheese, cream, vanilla, sugar and lemon juice to get a thick and smooth mixture.

Serve the berries warm or at room temperature, spooned into bowls with a dollop of the cheesecake cream on top and a few shortbread biscuits on the side. Nom Nom!!

4 comments

  1. I'm not spam. I like your post and I'll make it for my family



    Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy! Unfortunately I have had to enable word verification due to people leaving spam links. I do try to make things as easy for you as I can, but I won't have people taking advantage of all my hard work in this way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!