I was recently invited to use some Creamy Leerdammer Toastie & Burger slices on a Pulled Pork Burger! I love Leedammer Cheese. Nobody had to twist my arm!
With thicker slices and a richer, creamier recipe for better melting, LEERDAMMER® Toastie & Burger is the perfect filling for a deliciously melty toasted cheese sandwich or cheese burger.
*Pulled Pork Burger with Leerdammer*serves 6
1.6 - 2 KG rolled joint of pork shoulder
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp mustard powder
1 TBS whole grain mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 TBS HP BBQ sauce
4 TBS tomato puree
2 TBS muscovado sugar
1 TBS cider or wine vinegar
6 toasted brioche burger buns
6 slices of Leerdammer Toastie & Burger Slices
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C, fan oven 150°C, Gas Mark 4.
2. Mix together the paprika, mustard powder and wholegrain mustard with 1 tsp each of salt and black pepper. Rub all over the pork, then place the pork into a roasting tin and add 250ml water. Cover with foil and roast for 4-4½ hours. Prepare ahead up to this point 1-2 days before needed. Keep covered and refrigerated.
3. Preheat the barbecue.
4. Mix together the HP® BBQ sauce with the tomato puree, sugar and vinegar. Brush all over the meat. Barbecue the pork for a few minutes on all sides until nicely browned. Alternatively, if not using the barbecue, roast for 20-30 minutes at 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
5. To serve, use two forks to pull the tender meat into nice chunky pieces.
6. Lightly barbecue or toast the cut sides of the rolls, then fill with the pulled pork. Top each one with a slice of Leerdammer ® Toastie & Burger and serve with coleslaw.
A few other tasty bits:
Roast Beef Hash on a Bun. Always nice with a slice of Leerdammer melted over top.
Bacon, Onion Marmalade and Leerdammer Toastie. So tasty!
The Big Breakfast Sarnie. Totally tasty toastie for brekkie!
Dressed Club Salad Sarnie. Oh so scrumptious. A real fork and knifer!
Do check out the Leerdammer Recipe Page for some more delicious sandwich ideas!