Lemon Cream Danish

Thursday 13 August 2015

 photo DSCN2635_zps0hkow9oa.jpg

I had some lovely lemon curd left from the lovely pot I was given by the English Provender Co  and decided to put it to some good use.  Of course I could have just sat and eaten it with a spoon . . .  and I confess I have been seen doing just that  . . . I simply adore the stuff you know . . . but for today I decided to do something a tiny bit different . . .


 photo DSCN2636_zpsrqoemxx5.jpg

Three words.  Lemon.  Cream.  Danish.

 photo DSCN2637_zpsiqtxrzkx.jpg

Three more words.  To.  Die.  For.

  photo DSCN2638_zpsyrawbxbh.jpg

I probably don't need to say anymore.  Lemon.  Cream.  Danish.   That was probably enough, but I just have to say a few  more words, coz you know me.  I can't help myself.

 photo DSCN2639_zpsrl06ftpf.jpg

All butter puff pastry.  Cut into squares and spread with a Greek Yoghurt and vanilla mixture.  Full fat of course.  (and why not?)   Drizzled with lemon curd . . .  swirled down into the yogurt mixture.   Edges folded over.   Edges sprinkled with demerara sugar for some crunch and then baked until puffed, golden brown, and flakey . . .

 photo DSCN2640_zpsc2qxdnfb.jpg

A sweet lemon drizzle icing waved over the top to gild the lily.  Could anything on earth be more delicious?  Three more words.  I.  Think.  Not.

  photo DSCN2641_zpsoto6xptj.jpg

*Lemon Cream Danish*
Makes 6 servings
Simple and quick to make and oh so delicious.  If you are fond of lemon you will love these tasty pastries, which have a delicious cream and lemon curd filling! 

1 sheet of ready roll all butter puff pastry, cut into six squares
6 TBS lemon curd (homemade or a good quality store bought)
6 TBS thick strained Greek yogurt (I like total)
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1/2 tsp golden syrup
demerara sugar for sprinkling (turbinado)
65g of icing sugar sifted (1/2 cup)
the juice of 1/2 fresh lemon (you may not need the whole half, just enough to make a drizzle icing will do.) 


 photo DSCN2644_zpsyjtdqhmt.jpg 

Preheat the oven to 200*C/400*F/ gas mark 6.  Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
Place the six squares of puff pastry, evenly spaced onto the lined baking sheet.

Whisk the yogurt, vanilla paste and syrup together.  Spoon an equal measure onto the centre of each pastry square.  Spread it out a bit with the back of a spoon, just in the centre of the pastry, leaving about 1/2 inch border all the way around..   Swirl a TBS of lemon curd onto each over the yogurt cream.  Pull each corner up into the centre of the pastries, almost to meet.  Sprinkle with some demerera sugar.   Bake in the heated oven for about 20 minutes, until nicely puffed and golden.  Lift onto a wire cooling rack.  Allow to cool completely before proceeding.


Whisk together the icing sugar and lemon juice.  (Only use enough lemon juice to give you a drizzle icing that drizzles easily.)  Drizzle this icing over the danish.  Best served on the day.

10 comments

  1. I love lemon curd Marie!
    And these look delicious:)
    Hope you have a lovely day dear!
    Happy birthday 💕💕💕🎂💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gloria! I love lemon curd too and these are fabulous! xoxo

      Delete
  2. OH, WOW... these look dangerously good! And so easy too... I could make these. I've not done much with Danishes before, imagining it all to be fussy, etc. These are easy! I do that too--lemon curd, right from the spoon into mouth...mmm... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are so simple to make Tracy! I can see you making them for TJ's family next time they drop by for tea or coffee! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love danish pastries - thank you for the recipe
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Julie! I guarantee you will love these!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. They look like birthday pastries;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delicious! BTW - that quote is one of my most favorite Gatsby quotes - actually favorite quotes in general!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! They are very delicious! I am a quote lover in general myself. I have a whole book filled with handwritten ones I have collected. I adore them! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!