Sweet and Spicy Steak Sauce

Friday 11 September 2015



Take your eyes off the steak. This is not about the steak. It's all about the sauce . . . truly . . . madly . . . deeply . . .




If you want to know how to cook a really good steak, you can check out my recipe here. But . . . don't leave just yet . . . keep your eyes on this page, coz you're in for a real treat.




If you are looking for the perfect sauce to serve with your grilled meats,  look no further. This is spicy, and sweet and oh so delicious!



The ingredient list may seem a bit odd, but trust me . . . it's fabulous. Your guests will be wondering what your secret is . . . and they'll be most surprised when you tell them that it is raspberry jam. Yep!!



Raspberry jam! Who'd a thunk it! Dig in!! (Oh, and for the record, I do love my steaks a tad bit on the rare side!)



*Sweet and Spicy Steak Sauce*
Makes 4 servings
Printable Recipe

A wonderfully delicious steak sauce that helps to bring out the best flavours in your grilled steaks! The ingredients may sound a bit odd, but trust me when I say this is fabulous!

2 TBS seedless raspberry jam
2 TBS soft light brown sugar, packed
2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
2 TBS Tomato Ketchup
2 TBS malt vinegar
5 drops of Tabasco sauce
fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce to low heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes until nicely thickened. Serve warm with grilled meats.

2 comments

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!