Pecan and Fruited Cheese Ball

Friday 11 December 2015

 photo DSCN4212_zpskmnz3zex.jpg

Yes, that looks like a Thanksgiving Turkey guy up there sitting on top of a cheese ball.   I know  . . .  you are probably asking yourself right now what the heck is a Thanksgiving Turkey guy doing sitting on a cheeseball after Thanksgiving!!  Here's my answer.  I am having serious issues with my left arm right now.  In short, I am in a lot of pain with it.  I've been given some tablets to take, but I made the mistake of reading the paper insert that came with them . . . .

  photo DSCN4213_zpsvnyyq53g.jpg

Which said that taking this drug could cause a serious heart attack.  Heart attack has always been a HUGE fear of mine.   Ever since we saw my mother's boy friend drop dead from one right in front of us about 16 years ago.   Not nice . . .  so I am trying not to take them, which means the pain and inflamation are not abating . . .

 photo DSCN4378_zps9da8vm2q.jpg

It also means I haven't cooked anything new over the past few days.  However am I going to cope with Christmas if this doesn't get any better  . . . .

  photo DSCN4379_zpsozbsyugj.jpg

In any case, this is the cheeseball that I made for Thanksgiving for all the Missionaries which they loved and gobbled up, and I thought I would share it with you today  because I hadn't done so yet.

 photo DSCN4380_zps67yabzsj.jpg

It's rich and delicious and full of fruit and nuts.   Make it for Christmas!  You won't be sorry.   Your family and friends will love it and be so happy that you did!  I promise!

 photo DSCN437811_zpsivdldna3.jpg


*Pecan and Fruited Cheese Ball* 
Printable Recipe

 A nutty fruity cheese ball that is simple to make and a real crowd pleaser!  Serve with crackers and pretzels for dipping and spreading.
2 (250g) packages of full fat cream cheese (2 - 8oz)
1 400g tin of crushed pineapple, well drained (8 oz tin)
2 TBS each of finely chopped red and green bell peppers
3 TBS finely chopped spring onions
2 tsp seasoned salt
240g of chopped toasted pecans, divided (2 cups)
150g of chopped dried cranberries (1 cup) 
 photo DSCN4379_zpsozbsyugj.jpg
Mix together the cream cheese, drained pineapple, peppers, onoins, seasoned salt, 1/2 of the toasted pecans and the dried cranberries to combine.   Place in the refrigerator to chill for several house to allow it to set up.  Take out and roll into a round shape.  Place the remaining toasted pecans on a large plate and roll the cheese ball in these to coat.  Wrap and chill until ready to use.

8 comments

  1. Hi Marie,

    I think you need to go back to the doctor's and the chemist's to see if they can give you some other medication that doesn't come with such dire warnings.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, I called the Chemist this morning and he told me that was another type of drug which can cause heart attacks, not the one I have been given, although the one I have been given can harm the kidney, so where I am already on two drugs which can cause kidney damage to use this one with discretion and no longer than I need to be using it! Still doesn't make me feel comfortable I can tell you! xo

      Delete
  2. Marie..every medication has possible side effects..what we need is reassurances..not warnings..
    things were different when we had no access to dr Google..now we scare ousselves..or someone else does.
    It's a Catch 22..the pain is atrocious..but what is the outcome?:(

    Feel better soon..

    I bet this is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I am still trying to cope with the pain. Nothing helps. :-( The cheese ball was so good, they wanted me to put the recipe into the Missionary Christmas Cookbook and have requested I make one for Christmas Day as well, lol. xo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie very creative idea.!!
    I like the thanksgiving theme.!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meigan. You could do something different for Christmas, like stick an angel torso on top or a Santa torso. It's a delicious cheese ball and deserves being served on any occasion! xo

      Delete
  4. Marie, Just a note to Thank You for this dip recipe. I had friends over today and it was the HIT of the gathering! I gave you full credit, but still glowed in your shadow! Happy Holidays, from your biggest fan in South Carolina, US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loretta, so happy that you made this and it was enjoyed so much! I love it when that happens. Thank you so very much for taking the time to let us all know! You made my day! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!