Cheesy Crispy Chicken Thighs

Friday 8 April 2016

 photo DSCN6281_zpsrklg7arw.jpg

I saw this recipe on my friend Mary's blog, Bunny's Warm Oven, the other day.  It looked really delicious, but I am not fond of bone in chicken.  Sorry . . .  just not a fan.   I decided to adapt it to use the boneless skinless chicken thighs which I had in the refrigerator, with excellent results!

 photo DSCN6282_zps3ejwz9fq.jpg

 I also created my own seasoning for it as we don't have Italian seasoning over here, or not that I have ever seen and so I just used some herbs etc. as I saw fit.  This worked very well.

  photo DSCN6283_zpsvvxjlxrb.jpg

Panko breadcrumbs added extra crispness to the coating.  The mayonnaise and mustard also add wonderful flavours.  Altogether this was very, VERY nice!  And very simple to do.  I hope you will give it a go!  You won't be sorry!

 photo DSCN6283_zpsvvxjlxrb.jpg


*Cheesy Baked Chicken Thighs*
Serves 4
These are positively delicious.  Crisp, tender and finger licking good! 


8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
110g of good quality mayonnaise (don't use low fat, 1/2 cup)
2 TBS Dijon mustard
To coat:
120g of panko bread crumbs (1 cup)
45g of finely grated parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
1/2 tsp dried oregano flakes
1/2 tsp dried basil flakes
1/4 tsp parsley flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt 


 photo DSCN6285_zpsf3wturbw.jpg

Mix together the coating ingredients in a shallow bowl.  Set aside.  Whisk together the maonnaise and mustard in a shallow bowl.  Set aside.

Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4.  Butter a foil lined baking sheet.

Roll the chicken thighs in the mayonnaise/mustard mix to coat.  Drop into the bread crumb mix and roll in the bread crumbs to coat completely.  Place onto the prepared baking sheet.

Bake for 30 to 35  minutes, until crisp, golden brown and the juices run clear.  Serve hot or cold.

 photo DSCN6286_zpsqjojwt0l.jpg

We had the leftovers cold with some salad the next day for lunch and they were still really tasty!  Go on, make them . . .  you know you want to!

Bon Appetit!

4 comments

  1. I wanted to wait until I made this before commenting. We had this today for a "bring a plate" family gathering and it vanished off the platter in a flash. I was asked for the recipe as it was loved by adults and kids alike. Really, really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when that happens! So happy it was enjoyed Marie! Xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!