Honey Garlic Chops

Tuesday 31 January 2017


No doubt about it my husband is a chop man.  He does love his pork chops so very much.   I can take or leave meat for the most part except for a good chop, I do love those, but Todd, he loves a good chop, and I like to accomodate him whenever I can.


I try to make things as interesting as possible.  He would be happy if I just fried them, but he loves it when I dress them up and make them tasty in ways such as this quick and easy baked chop recipe.


It is built just for two, but can very easily be multiplied to serve more people.   They are a bit spicy and a bit sweet!


The fat on the edges of the chops almost caramelizes and melts away.   I like that.  The chops are tender and succulent without being overcooked.   Mine got a bit dark today, but that was okay.  It's the insides that count.


They are just spicy enough for me.  You could certainly add more cajun seasoning or garlic if you wanted to.  I don't like my food to bite me back very much!  The honey adds a nice touch of sweet and aids in the caramelization.


Altogether these are very, very good.  I like to serve them with potatoes and vegetables. Today it was a potato gratin and some broccoli.  Yum!



*Honey Garlic Chops*
Serves 2
Tender and delicious.  You are going to love these! 

2 large thick, bone in pork chops, about 1 inch thick each
2 TBS butter
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sweet paprika
60ml liquid honey (1/4 cup)

Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4.  Place the butter in a baking dish large enough to hold both chops and put it in the oven to melt the butter. 


Mix together the Cajun seasoning, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and paprika.  Slash the fat on the edge of the pork chops every 1/2 inch.  This will help to prevent them from curling up.  Rub the spice mixture into both sides of the chops and place them into the hot casserole dish.   Roast for 10 minutes, flip them over, drizzle with honey and bake for a further 10 minutes.  They should be golden brown, yet still succulent.  Take care not to burn.  Thinner chops will not take as long.



I need to try to keep Todd's weight up over these next few months while he goes through his radiation treatments.  I will need to be cooking things that he fancies and tempt his appetite.  The trick will be keeping the weight on him and off me!  Bon Appetit! 

2 comments

  1. I have just got pork steaks out to make for this evening Marie. I think I will give this a whirl. I normally do them in a marinade of Chinese five spice. This will make a nice wee change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom fed us on thses and steaks for my brothers in a cast iron skillet..they loved the crisp fat:) Ketchup on steaks can you believe it?

    The potatoes look great too Marie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!