Chocolate Jazzie Slices

Saturday 17 June 2017

Do you love Nutella?  I love Nutella.  Its not something that I indulge in very often, but I always have a jar in the cupboard.  I quite like it spread on plain biscuits like Malted Milk Biscuits or Social Teas.  Don't judge me, lol
 


Here today I am using it in a fabulous slice/bar that would be a great addition to picnic baskets or lunch buckets . . .


These have a lovely fudgy consistency . . .  almost being a cross between a brownie and a cookie . . .


The batter is really simple to make and goes together very quickly.  It also bakes in quick time.  You do have to work super fast when you take them out of the oven to get those chocolate jazzies popped on top while the slice is still hot and they can melt and adhere together.


What is a Chocolate Jazzie?  Well, it's a milk chocolate button, topped with multi coloured non-pareil cake decorations.  You could use anything you want really  . . . just so long as you pop it on while the squares are still hot from the oven.


Thinly sliced Mars Bars or Snickers Bars would be scrumptious.  As would pieces of a chocolate orange, or even just milk chocolate chips or buttons.  Whatever you fancy really, in the chocolate line, would work great!


These would also be a great addition to your Elevensies cuppa, or for an afterschool treat.  Oh heck, I can't think of any time these wouldn't be welcomed!


Moreishly scrumptiously chewy and rich . . .  with a hint of  whatever floats your boat, and nutella on top . . . these spell winner, winner, winner!


*Chocolate Jazzie Slices*
Makes 16 slices
 
Kids love these quick and easy chocolate squares with chocolate jazzies melted into the tops.  

185g butter, softened (3/4 cup plus 1 TBS)
220g chocolate hazelnut spread (1 1/4 cup)
75g soft light brown sugar (1/3 cup acked)
250g plain flour (1 3/4 cup)
200g chocolate jazzies (generous cup) 

Preheat the oven to 160*C/325*F/ gas mark 3.  Line an 8 by  12 inch baking tin with baking parchment, leaving some overhang. 

Beat the butter, chocolate spread and brown sugar together until well combined.  Stir in the flour in two lots, until thoroughly combined.  Press this mixture evenly into the prepared pan. (I find it easiest to use my hands for this.) Smooth the top with a spatula.  Bake for 25 minutes. 

Working quickly remove the baked squares from the oven and press the chocolate jazzies firmly on top of the baked squares in rows, leaving about 3/4 of an inch in between each.  Leave to cool completely before cutting into rectangles



I hope you will take the opportunity to bake these this weekend and that when you do you will pop back to let me know how very much you enjoyed them!  Bon Appetit!

Note - the recipe was adapted from one I found in the June Issue of Food to Love.

6 comments

  1. Yum! Love chocolate spread too! We're having a party next Saturday guess what I'm going to make.........

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious and CUTE Marie;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name choc jazzies and with nutella u can't go wrong! Lol. I wish I could buy choc jazzies here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you can use any type of chocolate button thing! Xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!