Grilled Peanut Chicken

Wednesday 11 July 2018


I love peanut flavours.  True confession here, I have a slice of toast and peanut butter every night. If I don't, I miss it.  
 
I don't have butter on my toast, or anything else . . .  just a slice of thick whole wheat toast, lightly spread with peanut butter.  
 
I am a happy camper. Peanut Butter is such a versatile ingredient and a real store cupboard essential, at least in my home it is! 



This recipe today is for a delicious marinade that you can make for marinating chicken.  You could also marinate other proteins, like pork, fish or even tofu in this tasty mixture. 
 
It works great, and tastes even better!!!


I just love the flavour of this marinade. Its an interesting mix of ingredients that somehow work very well together. 
 
 A delicious mix of sweet and salty . . . 



I like to use light olive oil.  Its a waste of good olive oil to use extra virgin olive oil in something like this. 
 
I use a good quality light olive oil, one which has been specifically been produced to be used in cooking.


You can use whatever brand of peanut butter you like. Myself, I prefer Skippy. Its the North American in me I guess.  
 
I pick mine up by the HUGE jar at Costco, and I probably go through one of those a month, no kidding.  
 
I also prefer smooth peanut butter over crunchy for this, but if you are a fan of crunchy, go for it.


Soy sauce.  I like to use the dark one because it is filled with flavour. You can get low salt ones nowadays that are really good.  
 
Honey, just plain regular clover honey works well, and again for the BBQ sauce, just pick your favourite one.   Everything else is pretty self explanatory.  
 
Fresh lemon juice (not the stuff in the plastic squeeze lemon, please!!!!)  Worcestershire sauce and garlic, plenty of garlic.  Its just yum, yum, yum . . .



I like to reserve some of the marinade for drizzling over the cooked chicken, or for dipping it in.  
 
Today I grilled some tender stem broccoli along side of the chicken and served it with my Simple Sesame Noodles.  This went down a real treat!




*Grilled Peanut Chicken*
Serves 4


A delicious marinade which yields a really tasty bit of chicken. I like to make extra marinade to dip the finished chicken in when I am eating it. Its just so tasty! 


For the marinade:
120ml light olive oil (1/2 cup)
50g peanut butter (1/4 cup) (creamy or smooth, you choose)
60ml of soy sauce (1/4 cup)
85g liquid honey (1/4 cup)
2 TBS your favourite BBQ sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
the juice of one lemon
pinch cayenne pepper
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded to an even size
 


Poke your chicken breasts all over with a fork.  Place into a shallow dish.  Whisk together the remaining ingredients.  Remove about 1/2 cup of it and set aside.  Pour the remainder over the chicken in the shallow dish, turning the chicken over to coat.  Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours, or up to 6 hours. 


When you are ready to cook, Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding any marinade left in the dish. 


Preheat the gas grill to a medium heat (Or a grill pan)  Place the chicken onto the preheated grill, top side down.  Grill for 5 to 7 minutes, flip it over and grill for a further 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.  Let rest for several minutes.  Warm the reserved marinade in a small saucepan.  Drizzle over the grilled chicken and serve immediately.



I grilled my chicken outdoors on our Space Grill.  I just love this fabulous BBQ Grill.  It is just so easy to use and makes outdoor grilling fun instead of a chore.  We have had a BBQ for years, and to be honest, we have used this Space Grill more in the few weeks we have had it than all of our other BBQ grills combined throughout the last 18 years.  
 
Seriously I use it almost every day, and sometimes more than once a day, and the main reason for that is because it is just so darned easy to use.  It literally folds out ready for use in seconds, and you can be cooking on it before you can say Jack Rabbit. Its unique patented design is probably one of the best I have ever seen.  
 
When not in use, it tucks away, taking up very little space in the garden.  Its attractive, easy to use, and  works really well.  I love using both the ceramic coated cast iron reversible cooking tray and the stainless steel grill rods.  Today I used the tray.  When done, I find that a simple soak and then scrub with a heavy duty plastic brush gets everything back and looking great again, ready to fold down and store away until next time.  
 
I also love that the drip tray (which is located in the bottom front, beneath the easy to use controls) is so easy to clean.  Just pop it off and wipe it out!  I would not want to be without it now!  To find out more do check out the Space Grill home page.  If you're not impressed I'll eat my hat.




4 comments

  1. Perfect summertime mea! So glad you are enjoying our lovely outdoor appliance:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique it is a dream appliance. This chicken is fabulous! So flavourful and moist! I have my teacup ready for tomorrow! Finally my timing is right! Xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie, I (we, Husband is the Grillmaster :))made this grilled chicken last night. I needed to write to say thank you for this recipe!! It's surprising, innovative, so easy and so, so delicious! I wasn't sure my husband wouldn't object to the P'nut B., so I actually hid the recipe so he wouldn't have any prejudices when he bit into it!! :/ and guess what? He absolutely loved it! So did I! I used a little less honey (he's diabetic),2 tsp. Worcestershire (we're both W. Sauce obsessed), and a little more Cayenne, but those are only subtle small adjustments, NOT changes! Any change in ingredients would spoil it!
    I must tell you that next time, & there will be a next time very soon, I will take your advice! I'm going to double the marinade/sauce and slather it on! I'm also going to make sure I have a longer amount of time to marinate the chicken. I only had 2 hours last night, I want to at least double that. So, thank you for this and all your tasty, fun recipes, I enjoy them. Also the way you write, share info, local and historical bits, as well as your humor! Thanks Marie, take care, Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I am always so pleased when someone tries one of my recipe and enjoys it! Thank you so much for taking the time to come back and share your experience! Pleased also that it was such a big hit with the hubby! Thank you so much for all your sweet words about the blog also! I do put my heart and soul into,it. It is a real labour of love for me and it makes me so happy when I know it is appreciated also! Thank YOU! Xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!