Shredded Beef Tacos (Slow Cooker)

Friday 18 October 2019


The recipe I am sharing today is loosely based on one I found on Gimme Some Oven, who borrowed her recipe from .My Kitchen Addiction.  And I will wager that she probably was inspired from somewhere else.


You know that old saying  . . .  "There is nothing new under the sun."  This is one I love about the food blogging community. We are always sharing with and inspiring each other.


I saved a few steps in the recipe. They rubbed the meat in the herbs and spices and then browned it first before putting it into the slow cooker. 


I didn't have time for faffing about with browning and such.  I just put everything into the slow cooker and cooked it.


I placed the onions and garlic on the bottom of the slow cooker and topped it with the meat . . .


Then I stirred everything else together and poured it around and on top of the meat.  That's it  . . .


Simple.  Easy. Delicious.  You can either cook it on high for 3 to 4 hours, or low for 6 to 8 hours  . . .



Once the meat is tender you take it out of the slow cooker and shred it with two forks.  I also cut into it with my kitchen scissors so that it was more chunky and less strand-like.


I have a think about eating meat that is in strands . . . it almost  makes me gag. I would rather have chunks  . . .


I used soft white flour tortillas for them.  The small ones.  I like to toast them over the hot flame of a gas burner  . . .


But you heat them whichever way that you prefer  . . .


We enjoy them with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, sliced black olives, lettuce and grated cheese . . .


Any leftovers can be used to make quesadillas, or burritos, maybe even empanadas . . .  if you enjoy these even half as much as we did, you are in for a real treat!

Yield: 3 - 4
Author:

Shredded Beef Tacos

Shredded Beef Tacos

Fork tender beef that works very well in tacos, and would indeed also be great in burritos or quesadillas

ingredients:

  • 2 pounds Beef Brisket in one piece
  • 1 TBS mild chili powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp coriander leaf
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 240ml beef stock (1 cup)
  • 2 TBS tomato puree (tomato paste)
  • 1 tsp Chipotle in adobe paste
  • 1 juice of one lime
  • 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
  • 5 cloves garlic, peeled and  minced
  • salt and black pepper to taste
You will also need:
  • warmed small soft tortillas
  • your favourite taco toppings (cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, sliced black olives, lettuce, spring onions, etc.

instructions:

How to cook Shredded Beef Tacos

  1. Place the chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker along with the garlic cloves.  Place the meat on top of these.   Whisk together the stock, tomato puree, all of the herbs and seasonings and lime juice.  Pour over and around the meat.  Cover tightly and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours.  When the meat is falling apart, remove from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.  Ladle some of the hot juices over top and serve warm, with warmed tortillas and your favourite taco toppings.  Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.

Did you make this recipe?
Tag @marierayner5530 on instagram and hashtag it #EnglishKitchen
Created using The Recipes Generator



This is the perfect meal when you are busy doing other things, or are feeling too lazy to really cook.  Its nice to have something like this up your sleeve that you can just pop into the slow cooker and you just know your family is going to enjoy it.  In my family Tex Mex was always King!  They loved it!




Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!